Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
34 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Press Releases

Subject: Tabletop Gaming Website rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JJ kim
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I love playing tabletop games. I and a several friends hang out to play Catan or Sheriff of Nottingham. Though we enjoy playing, not many others share the same passion to boardgames. That is why I created this blog for those gameboard lovers and to anyone one who is curious about gameboards and want to come into our world. I need feedback from you guys and do appreciate this website and all its community and people.

http://blogger105.wix.com/tabletopgames
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What purpose does it serve as a supplement or replacement to BGG?

What is the target and intent that cannot be accomplished via BGG?
4 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark T
United States
Southern MD
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BGG can be a bit intimidating to the neophyte. I didn't look at the site in his link, but it could be that he's trying to provide an alternative to the fire hose that is the Geek.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wayne mathias
United States
Niceville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
What purpose does it serve as a supplement or replacement to BGG?

What is the target and intent that cannot be accomplished via BGG?


just sounds so much like

What purpose does it serve as a supplement or replacement to existing Standard Oil outlets?

What is the target and intent that cannot be accomplished by Standard Oil?

How dare you intend to compete with Standard Oil?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gxnpt wrote:
Quote:
What purpose does it serve as a supplement or replacement to BGG?

What is the target and intent that cannot be accomplished via BGG?


just sounds so much like

What purpose does it serve as a supplement or replacement to existing Standard Oil outlets?

What is the target and intent that cannot be accomplished by Standard Oil?

How dare you intend to compete with Standard Oil?


Not at all. Take FortressAmeritrash. FABULOUS website that directly competes with BGG. But it has a punkish anti-Euro angle to it.

On the other hand, there's tons of sites that come and go because there's no reason for them to not just be reviews on BGG.

There has to be a reason to exist, or it will fail. Ships do not sail without direction.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
gxnpt wrote:
Quote:
What purpose does it serve as a supplement or replacement to BGG?

What is the target and intent that cannot be accomplished via BGG?


just sounds so much like

What purpose does it serve as a supplement or replacement to existing Standard Oil outlets?

What is the target and intent that cannot be accomplished by Standard Oil?

How dare you intend to compete with Standard Oil?


Not at all. Take FortressAmeritrash. FABULOUS website that directly competes with BGG. But it has a punkish anti-Euro angle to it.

On the other hand, there's tons of sites that come and go because there's no reason for them to not just be reviews on BGG.

There has to be a reason to exist, or it will fail. Ships do not sail without direction.

I agree with Paul.
The aforementioned blog seems like a 5-minute idea put into practice. Which means in a week it will be abandoned and gone.

EDIT: Plus the grammar is off in the texts.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JJ kim
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
http://blogger105.wix.com/tabletopgames#!BoardGameGeek-Board...

Here's what I think about this website
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Joeyeti wrote:
Geosphere wrote:
gxnpt wrote:
Quote:
What purpose does it serve as a supplement or replacement to BGG?

What is the target and intent that cannot be accomplished via BGG?


just sounds so much like

What purpose does it serve as a supplement or replacement to existing Standard Oil outlets?

What is the target and intent that cannot be accomplished by Standard Oil?

How dare you intend to compete with Standard Oil?


Not at all. Take FortressAmeritrash. FABULOUS website that directly competes with BGG. But it has a punkish anti-Euro angle to it.

On the other hand, there's tons of sites that come and go because there's no reason for them to not just be reviews on BGG.

There has to be a reason to exist, or it will fail. Ships do not sail without direction.

I agree with Paul.
The aforementioned blog seems like a 5-minute idea put into practice. Which means in a week it will be abandoned and gone.

EDIT: Plus the grammar is off in the texts.


Yeah, the writing quality on that site is pretty terrible. I could barely get through that thing (I really don't know what else to call it) about BGG that he just linked to. It looks like someone took English text, sent to through Google translate between 3-4 languages and then back to English.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
motoyugota wrote:
Joeyeti wrote:
Geosphere wrote:
gxnpt wrote:
Quote:
What purpose does it serve as a supplement or replacement to BGG?

What is the target and intent that cannot be accomplished via BGG?


just sounds so much like

What purpose does it serve as a supplement or replacement to existing Standard Oil outlets?

What is the target and intent that cannot be accomplished by Standard Oil?

How dare you intend to compete with Standard Oil?


Not at all. Take FortressAmeritrash. FABULOUS website that directly competes with BGG. But it has a punkish anti-Euro angle to it.

On the other hand, there's tons of sites that come and go because there's no reason for them to not just be reviews on BGG.

There has to be a reason to exist, or it will fail. Ships do not sail without direction.

I agree with Paul.
The aforementioned blog seems like a 5-minute idea put into practice. Which means in a week it will be abandoned and gone.

EDIT: Plus the grammar is off in the texts.


Yeah, the writing quality on that site is pretty terrible. I could barely get through that thing (I really don't know what else to call it) about BGG that he just linked to. It looks like someone took English text, sent to through Google translate between 3-4 languages and then back to English.


Caleb, is it correct that English is not your first language?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JJ kim
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
They're talking about a different website
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gameboardfanatic81 wrote:
They're talking about a different website


Oh, no. I am most DEFINITELY talking about your website.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JJ kim
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
sorry, working late does that to people
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gameboardfanatic81 wrote:
sorry, working late does that to people


Then don't post things you write after working late.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JJ kim
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
motoyugota wrote:
gameboardfanatic81 wrote:
sorry, working late does that to people


Then don't post things you write after working late.


I'll work better, thanks for the feedback, I'll try to improve the site and fix the spelling and grammar errors
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JJ kim
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I made changes, can you please check again?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gameboardfanatic81 wrote:
I made changes, can you please check again?


What article did you fix?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JJ kim
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
all of them
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gameboardfanatic81 wrote:
all of them


In half an hour??? Sorry, not buying it. And the BGG piece is still barely readable. It doesn't look like anything was changed there.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gameboardfanatic81 wrote:
all of them


Just looking at the one article you connected to, there's not only grammar errors, but spelling errors.

For grammar, it is clear English is not your primary language, and you may have trouble editing your work. For that, you may want to consider an editor.

But for spelling, all you had to do is run a spellcheck.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JJ kim
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
do you know how to read? They are all gramatically fixed!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gameboardfanatic81 wrote:
do you know how to read? They are all gramatically fixed!


Not even close. Even just the bits of the articles on the front page have errors in their previews.

You still have not even gone over spelling. You also have misused words throughout.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JJ kim
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Geosphere wrote:
gameboardfanatic81 wrote:
all of them


Just looking at the one article you connected to, there's not only grammar errors, but spelling errors.

For grammar, it is clear English is not your primary language, and you may have trouble editing your work. For that, you may want to consider an editor.

But for spelling, all you had to do is run a spellcheck.


so either you're wrong or Microsoft word is wrong? And you shouldn't assume, because English is my first language.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gameboardfanatic81 wrote:
so either you're wrong or Microsoft word is wrong? And you shouldn't assume, because English is my first language.


Well, I see you found and fixed the word 'qute' now. So who was wrong?

Do you want someone to point out every language error you have in every article? There's a lot.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JJ kim
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Geosphere wrote:
gameboardfanatic81 wrote:
so either you're wrong or Microsoft word is wrong? And you shouldn't assume, because English is my first language.


Well, I see you found and fixed the word 'qute' now. So who was wrong?

Do you want someone to point out every language error you have in every article? There's a lot.


Microsoft doesn't catch everything. I guess I need to read every single one. Until then.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gameboardfanatic81 wrote:
do you know how to read? They are all gramatically fixed!


Well, let's see here (all taken from http://blogger105.wix.com/tabletopgames#!BoardGameGeek-Board... - I bolded or struck out the grammatical fixes)

Quote:
The website is a great place to go find the newest games coming out; with contests, and giveaways, and other amazing features.


Quote:
There are many amazing content


I can't just fix this one inline because the grammar is so poor here. Here's one way to fix it:

Quote:
There is so much amazing content


Here's another way:

Quote:
There are many amazing articles


But that doesn't actually convey the same thing I believe you are trying to convey, so the first correction is a better choice.

Quote:
There were many board game titles that are unknown to me, multiple forums of which I was easily confused, and too many words that what I found to be uninteresting.


Lots of problems in this sentence. First, you change tense in the middle of a statement ("There were" and "are unknown"). The second statement is also formatted incorrectly, but I'm not sure what your intended thought was with it, so I can't correct that one as it stands right now.

And the third statement "too many words that what I found to be uninteresting" has a lot of problems as well, even though I believe I understand your intent there. First of all - "that what" is never grammatically correct. Were you trying to say something along the lines of "the content was so long to the point that I found it uninteresting"?

And that's just in the first third of what is a very long paragraph. It gets progressively worse - run on sentences, ideas that don't go together being lumped into single statements, more of the aforementioned tense issues, etc. Honestly, the only way to fix every grammatical issue in that post would be to rewrite the entire thing from scratch.

It also should definitely be split into multiple paragraphs, which is another issue your posts all have.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.