Subject: Line of Sight along map edge hex sides rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Out of the hazy flames and thick smoke a rumbling, steely beast emerged before me. Suddenly gripped against my will, a numbing slow-motion panic yields to mechanical muscle-memory; I collapse desperately into a rigid crouch, snap-firing.
mbmbmbmbmb
May a fire attack be made along/through a map edge hex-spine?

For example: assuming all clear/open hexes with no terrain or elevations:

Does line of sight exist between hex B10 and D10 (along hex-side and map edge C10)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
R M Chair General wrote:
May a fire attack be made along/through a map edge hex-spine?

For example: assuming all clear/open hexes with no terrain or elevations:

Does line of sight exist between hex B10 and D10 (along hex-side and map edge C10)?

Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Confirmed by the designer in a previous thread: Firing along the map border
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Out of the hazy flames and thick smoke a rumbling, steely beast emerged before me. Suddenly gripped against my will, a numbing slow-motion panic yields to mechanical muscle-memory; I collapse desperately into a rigid crouch, snap-firing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys! thumbsup

I knew that question had to have come up somewhere already. I've never had occasion to really need to lay some fire down on the very map edge before. Exciting game experience.

Thank you for the link to the official ruling! thumbsupcool

Cheers all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI everyone, here is what Chad said in the link provided above:

Chad Jensen wrote:
There are no half-hexes in CC. Each map has 150 whole hexes, all of which are entirely playable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.