Ben Vincent
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please put a character limit on tags so ridiculously long tags don't break the page width formatting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludes
United States
Honor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I see you've already inspired your detractor(s).

Or maybe, make authorship public information so we can pelt them with rotten tomatoes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty
msg tools
LudesFactor wrote:
Or maybe, make authorship public information

If you click on "view all" by the tags, the number next to each tag is a link to the people who put the tag on the thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
LudesFactor wrote:
Or maybe, make authorship public information

If you click on "view all" by the tags, the number next to each tag is a link to the people who put the tag on the thread.
and I think the first name on such a list is the culprit. I mean, author. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Harvey
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I know this is going to be provocative but is there any limit at the moment?

I'm pretty sure I have the skill to replace every space in the text to War and Peace with an underline...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
       This space              intentionally              left blank.
badge
caracfergus wrote:

Yes. 256 (2^8) characters. Longer tags than that just get cut off after the 256th character.
Meaning that anyone with a resolution of ~1800px or above should be safe from this being annoying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan F.
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a_traveler wrote:
caracfergus wrote:

Yes. 256 (2^8) characters. Longer tags than that just get cut off after the 256th character.
Meaning that anyone with a resolution of ~1800px or above should be safe from this being annoying.

I actually wondered if the tag on this thread was by the thread's author to demonstrate the annoyingness of the phenomenon. That tag is too long, and there's no need for them to be as long as that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.