5 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Tactics Noldor Hero (speculation) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sal Paradice
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've really enjoyed playing with the Noldor and I find I can cover nearly every aspect except combat. Song of Battle/Elrond and some allies/attachments get me there, but I'd love to have a new* hero. Since we don't see one on the near horizon, I wondered, what would a new Noldor tactics hero look like? Perhaps an Elven Spear type boosting ability?

*I realize we have Elladan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Wohlganger
United States
Valley City
ND
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the theme of discard, I would expect a Noldor tactics hero to discard a card to ready after attack or defense. Or to do the same for ally noldor only. It wouldn't be very interesting to repeat what's on an attachment. A truly interesting ability would be to be able to play all allies from the discard, but that might be overpowered.

In terms of deckbuilding, my Noldor deck uses Beregond to get tactics resources. Toss in a bunch of free or near free tactics attachments and he takes care of defense, leaving his resources for offensive tactics allies. I use Miruvor to transfer resources to him from Arwen if necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
A tactics Glorfindel could happen, though he hasn't really matched the Noldor discard idea, but something discarding to ready could happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Burkett
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Discard two cards to Feint an enemy, limit once per turn? I dunno, card design is hard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James D
England
flag msg tools
mb
Háma is Noldor in all but name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.