9 Posts

Scythe» Forums » General

Subject: Border issue with the regular board rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas Smith

Massachusetts
msg tools
Has anyone noticed that the bottom of the regular board has ~1/8" of the extended board that overlaps? You can see the white snow clearly below the encounter cards position.

I thought this was just me when my copy arrived but it looks like every copy is the same. Even the board used in the Watch it Played video has the same issue. Did anyone else notice this and has it been discussed elsewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milo Gertjejansen
United States
Hopkins
Minnesota
flag msg tools
~ >
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure it's an issue. I mean I suppose if you are really paying attention to the edge it looks a little tacky. But how can you pay attention to that when there is the game in front of you?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's not an issue--it's just standard paper wrapping for a double-sided board. When you print a board on two sides, you're actually printing paper that is glued to the cardboard. One side has to wrap over the other a little bit. I chose for the bigger side of the board to wrap onto the standard side to provide seamless hexes when the bigger side is combined with the board extension.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's....a double-sided board. It's going to wrap on either one side or the other by design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Yeah, it's not an issue--it's just standard paper wrapping for a double-sided board. When you print a board on two sides, you're actually printing paper that is glued to the cardboard. One side has to wrap over the other a little bit. I chose for the bigger side of the board to wrap onto the standard side to provide seamless hexes when the bigger side is combined with the board extension.

This REALLY makes a difference when playing with the extended board. I had this setup for a game when some friends came over. They didn't realize it was actually two different boards at first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All the more reason for having gotten the extension!

BTW, my copy of Merchant of Venus (second edition) has the exact same thing--double sided board & one side wraps, the other gets a border like this (though less noticeable). I haven't specifically noted in my copies of Thunder Alley or Race! Formula 90, but seeing that their boards all all double-sided I expect they have the same effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now if only I could order the board extension; maybe sometime in the future?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, after fulfillment is complete, we'll sell any leftover items like board extensions through our website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Smith

Massachusetts
msg tools
Thanks to everyone for the quick replies! I don't have a ton of experience with double-sided boards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.