Subject: Hello stormcloud, bye bye stormcloud ! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
pilum pilum
France
flag msg tools
mb
Very interested by this game.
It seems like X wings, but in Warhammer universe.

Any pdf rules somewhere ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
badge
If you notice this notice you wil notice that this notice was not worth noticing
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Hello stormcloud, hello world !
I don't know about free PDF rules but they're selling the rules separately as a download:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Stormcloud-Attack-My-Pi...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Hello stormcloud, hello world !
It's nothing like X-wing even has a campaign system to experience your pilot. Can even do ground attack missions and avoid tall buildings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pilum pilum
France
flag msg tools
mb
Too expensive

Too many parts for the plastic models

No Pdf rules...

Not for me finally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a couple of games in yesterday, and it is a rather fun game. It has some advantages over X-Wing and its ilk (built-in Campaign system, more basic scenarios), and some disadvantages (more costly models, no defined play area - though I've found 4'x4' works wonderfully well).

Overall, it's different, and I like how it plays. You have to consider what you think your speed should be during the next phase as opposed to plotting your movement out, but the amount of thinking you need to do to keep it right is about the same. No upgrades, but you do have alternative weapons sets you can build, which gives you much the same end result.

Overall, if you like the setting, and you like the models, I would suggest giving it a look. If not, I don't think it's different enough from Tanks or X-Wing to justify dropping the $50-$80 per model (plus the money for the rules, either the $5 for the app or the $100 for the core game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Lewis
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
panzer-attack wrote:
I don't know about free PDF rules but they're selling the rules separately as a download:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Stormcloud-Attack-My-Pi...

Thanks for clarifying this, I didn't pay attention and I thought that 'My Pilot' was like the 'My Hero' app for Silver Tower ~ a glorified character sheet. I was hoping to scoop up a 'rules only' (sans models) from ebay, since I don't want to re-buy aircraft I already own ... but none have really cropped up yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Club Squirrel
England
Brierley Hill
The Black Country
flag msg tools
designer
badge
One Squirrel to rule them all, One Squirrel to find them, One Squirrel to bring them all and in the darkness TPK them.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm... thought this could be a way to get my mates playing a 40K(ish) game again. But I don't have any of these modern telecommunication gadgets and I'm not paying for models I don't want.

So if they don't sell a hard copy of the rules I won't be playing or buying any more Dakkajets.

Seriously, why are the there only electronic rules for a tabletop game? I play my tabletop games to get away from annoying tech. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While you do need a copy of the rulebook and reference sheet, it's dirt simple to just download the fliers' data sheets and print them on suitable cardstock (which is what I've done). Each sheet is 1 page, which makes the print costs absolutely minuscule - and since everything is tracked on/by the ship, you only need one sheet per flier type (or one per player if multiple players are running the same one).

Campaign play is a little bit trickier to handle without the app, but no more difficult than jotting down a few notes to keep between games. the App does present a nice interface for tracking everything, but it is far from required to run even the most involved campaign (heck, I've seen people use Pen and Paper to track a full BattleTech campaign, and this is definitely no BattleTech).

So, don't let the fact that the ship stats are in PDF Format or available through an App deter you from the game. It's quite fun and definitely worth playing (if you like the fliers, of course).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.