Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Caleb Ludrick
United States
Austin
Texas (TX)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey guys, I just finished writing a buying guide for IA on my blog, I figured it would be helpful for newcomers to have something to reference. This isn't meant to be an analysis on every figure pack available, but rather just a getting started guide to get people in the right direction. So I highlighted a few things from each faction based on what I feel is the general consensus, and the box expansions.

http://theboardgamereviewer.com/index.php/2016/07/07/star-wa...

Let me know if there's something big you think I missed that should be included! I want this to be a good resource for people just getting into IA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Marr
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good work. First thing I bought after the base game was an extra set of dice to streamline play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
"RAWR!" means "I love you" in kaiju.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the guide. If I'm just interested in casual skirmish (i.e. I supply all the minis) are the 2 smaller expansions worth it? Neither of them are in the recommended expansions list for skirmish, but would they still be worth it for just generally increasing my collection/options?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Ludrick
United States
Austin
Texas (TX)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
sputang wrote:
Thanks for the guide. If I'm just interested in casual skirmish (i.e. I supply all the minis) are the 2 smaller expansions worth it? Neither of them are in the recommended expansions list for skirmish, but would they still be worth it for just generally increasing my collection/options?

Good question, I would say no, not really worth it in that sense. I would suggest the Hoth box, as its only $10 more than the smaller expansions and comes with about twice the miniatures and a lot of sweet Hoth snow tiles, and then a few expansion packs to fill out what you feel you're missing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Nietzel
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoyed the write-up and your work.

My suggestion would be a bit more info on why you'd buy what you'd buy; ie a bit more explanation.

For example, why get Hoth over am mini-expansion? Is it just straight model count?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Ludrick
United States
Austin
Texas (TX)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback, I was actually just planning on rewriting the box expansion section.

Short answer for that question: better value (more models for the money, more campaign missions/actual full campaign) and the content is better (hks and snowtroopers are better than tuskens and heavy stormtroopers).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.