Phillip Ponzer
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Harsk's first power reads:
Quote:
You may evade a bane you encounter that has the Animal or Vermin ([] or Demon) trait; otherwise, add 1d4 ([] 2d4) to your checks against it.

The first part (before the semi-colon) is pretty obvious: if Harsk encounters an bane with the Animal or Vermin (or Demon if it's checked) trait, he my evade it.

The second part is my question: If the bane isn't an Animal or Vermin, does he still get the 1d4 (or 2d4 if it's checked)?

I am also basing this off of this part of the rulebook (page 19):
Quote:
For example, Harsk may evade a bane that has the Animal trait, but if he doesn’t, he must add 1d4 to his checks against it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Ponzer
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Nevermind, figured it out:

Page 13 of the rulebook has a great example:
Quote:
In addition, the Dire Rat has the Animal trait, and Harsk has a power that adds 1d4 to his checks against monsters with that trait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel van der pol
Netherlands
Leiden
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
starryknight64 wrote:
Harsk's first power reads:
Quote:
You may evade a bane you encounter that has the Animal or Vermin ([] or Demon) trait; otherwise, add 1d4 ([] 2d4) to your checks against it.

The first part (before the semi-colon) is pretty obvious: if Harsk encounters an bane with the Animal or Vermin (or Demon if it's checked) trait, he my evade it.

The second part is my question: If the bane isn't an Animal or Vermin, does he still get the 1d4 (or 2d4 if it's checked)?

I am also basing this off of this part of the rulebook (page 19):
Quote:
For example, Harsk may evade a bane that has the Animal trait, but if he doesn’t, he must add 1d4 to his checks against it.

No he doesn't. The "against it" part at the end still references to an "Encounter that has the Animal or Vermin ([] or Demon) trait". You don't get extra 1d4 or 2d4 when encountering something without those traits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.