Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Rogganbuck
United States
Woodstock
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do they still release new sets for this game? Are events still run? I was searching for potential events at Gen Con, but could find none.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Pow
United States
Westminster
Maryland
flag msg tools
How about now?
badge
Looking for my next game
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/9/22/let-it-...

Basically, the game is complete, and FFG is not going to be supporting it anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The final expansion was the Hastur box which came out last fall. FFG does not run official events for their discontinued LCGs but some conventions may have a fan-run event. If you're looking to get in some games at Gencon I would suggest posting on the Cthulhu forums at cardgamedb.com and you should be able to hook up with some people there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Rogganbuck
United States
Woodstock
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What about the Necronomicon Draft Packs? Did those go over very well? Seemed interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We tried draft here a couple times, it was fun. The draft starters are a good way to get a new story deck if you want to do that.

Now, if you're looking to get into the game and can't find the Core, you could potentially look at getting a couple of faction boxes and then either Secrets of Arkham or the draft starter to get your story deck. You'll have to supply your own tokens and you'll have a limited selection of factions, but it would work.

If you wanted to play all factions, then maybe you could get Secrets of Arkham + Terror in Venice which will give you cards for all factions and Arkham includes a story deck.

It would be better if they'd just go ahead and reprint more Cores...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I think Draft-cube-with-Necronomicon-starters is the CoC of the foreseeable future.

But FFG has got to reprint the Core.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schafer
United States
Prior Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I read that they planned to continue to reprint the existing LCG lineup through their cycling strategy but that new content was dead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.