Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
n h

California
msg tools
badge
Newbie Gamer
mbmbmbmb
I am really interested in buying Lord’s of Waterdeep. My collection is in grave need of a worker placement game and, because of my gaming peers, Waterdeep seems to be the ideal weight. However I would hate to buy the original game + skullport + cube replacements (almost mandatory in my eyes) just to have WoTC announce a 5 yr anniversary edition that will come with mini-sculpts instead of cubes, a more logical box, and whatever other chrome/improvements they deem worthy. So I am wondering if anyone has heard any rumors of a possible 2nd edition? If not, do you think this is in the realm of possibility or a pipe dream?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Destrio Dai
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 5 year anniversary edition 2017
If someone heard of this possibility they would've posted it. By posting your thread with this title it makes like you have news of one which is misleading. I'd change it by adding a question mark at least.

No, I haven't seen anothing online about a new edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Espinoza
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I wouldn't hold my breath. Is not the kind of thing Wizards of the Cost does. They already invested good money in the art, development and design and the game is selling well enough for a 5 year old game. Btw, I think the box is fine (I store horizontally).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nhex wrote:
I am really interested in buying Lord’s of Waterdeep. My collection is in grave need of a worker placement game and, because of my gaming peers, Waterdeep seems to be the ideal weight. However I would hate to buy the original game + skullport + cube replacements (almost mandatory in my eyes) just to have WoTC announce a 5 yr anniversary edition that will come with mini-sculpts instead of cubes, a more logical box, and whatever other chrome/improvements they deem worthy. So I am wondering if anyone has heard any rumors of a possible 2nd edition? If not, do you think this is in the realm of possibility or a pipe dream?

This post probably belongs in the General section.

And no, nothing I have heard of to suggest WotC would do such a thing, or has anything in the works. 5 years is not that big of a deal, if anything maybe a 10 year edition would be an idea, but I doubt a 5 year edition would be something they would even consider.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shader
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Destrio wrote:
If someone heard of this possibility they would've posted it. By posting your thread with this title it makes like you have news of one which is misleading. I'd change it by adding a question mark at least.

agreed, please change your title.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely not news. Should be in general. Also, please adjust your subject to reflect the fact you're asking about it, not announcing one. A question mark alone won't do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't heard any news. If you're looking for worker placement, make sure to check out Viticulture Essential Edition. I own both games, but Viticulture gets way more plays in our group than LoW does anymore, and it's only a little bit heavier in gameplay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Schaub
Switzerland
Thun
Bern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Espinoza wrote:
I wouldn't hold my breath. Is not the kind of thing Wizards of the Cost does.

This.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from News to General and added a ? to the title
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
n h

California
msg tools
badge
Newbie Gamer
mbmbmbmb
Destrio wrote:

Good call. Sorry about the accidental clickbait
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
None of your business

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mb
Espinoza wrote:
I wouldn't hold my breath. Is not the kind of thing Wizards of the Cost does. They already invested good money in the art, development and design and the game is selling well enough for a 5 year old game. Btw, I think the box is fine (I store horizontally).

I just recently bought my copy of the game not too long ago. I love Lords of Waterdeep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pflug
Germany
Schwäbisch Gmünd
Baden Würtemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also need a worker placement game for my collection, and I love the theme of LoW. But I didn't pull the trigger so far, because this game is only available in english afaik.

Does anyone know if this game ever will be translated to other languages?
Some people in my gaming group, especially the younger ones and those who prefer the lighter games do not speak english very well.

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorfinn Tait
Japan
Akita
Akita
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Board Gamer, Mystara & Calidar Cartographer
mbmbmbmbmb
nhex wrote:
cube replacements (almost mandatory in my eyes)

Just an aside, but we've never had a problem with the cubes. Despite having bought the replacement resources for Agricola, I feel no desire to buy those D&Deeples for this.

I also like the box as it is. It keeps things pretty neatly, making setup quite quick, and it's easy to have the box sitting next to the game so you can make use of the cube trays directly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.