I'm looking for some help figuring out a tactical wargame system to get. The criteria I've come up with is listed below from greatest importance to least-
1. Hex and Counter
2. Company command or below- each side rarely has more than a company+ sized force on the board. I think the common term for this type of game is "squad level".
3. In built or add on campaign system- the results of one scenario affect follow on scenarios, abstracted logistics and replacement system. Basically I'd like to be able to follow a unit from the start of a war/conflict to its conclusion.
4. WW1 time period or beyond (nothing with aliens or zombies though)
5. More of a conflict simulation than a board game- something that is more like Battlefront's Combat Mission series or Tiller's Squad series than a RTS or FPS
6. Designed to be or can be played solo
7. Ease of finding or making scenarios and campaigns
For everything but #7, Ambush!, and the expansions will help out on that.