Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once i get an expansion I try and fit everything into the base game box for space reasons

I just want to throw the unused boxes away. Some i repurpose to hold games that have putgrown their base box (i have used legacy big box expansions to hold games like wh40k conquest amd its expansions).

I am curious if any of you have used the boxes to create wall art to decorate your gaming areas. I would really like to do that and am hoping for suggestions

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hall
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
This space for rent
mb
I don't, but that's because my gaming shelves block all the wall space.

That being said, I can see how it would be fun to cut some of the expansion covers and have them framed. Depending on the size of the box, you could possibly take one of the sides the the eexpansion's name on it and use it as a divider somehow...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
I'm going to decorate my bathroom in game boxes before the wife gets home and blame you for the idea. A nice picture of the Caylus man, right across from the toilet, judging you as you poop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
endeavor
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well I'm planning on it with catan once I reorganize the games and expansions. I'm planning on cutting up the front of each box diagonally then rearranging the pieces so the new front cover is made up slices of each catan as they are all the same art style the catan and horizon will line up nicely and I'm hoping the colors dont clash too much. Perhaps an idea like that could work for your games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ontario
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mhutton wrote:
I am curious if any of you have used the boxes to create wall art to decorate your gaming areas. I would really like to do that and am hoping for suggestions

That's a cool idea! Some ideas on how:

- Cut down the sides of the box top to about an inch or two tall. Then get some square dowel from a craft store and glue that to the inside of the sides up against the open edge and add mounting hooks like you would to a picture frame. Basically, when you are done it would look like those 3D canvas paintings and prints (like these: http://www.designerliving.com/Product/wall-art/madison-park-...).

- Cut out the top of the box and frame it.

- Make a large collage of the art on the covers using characters, game titles, etc.

- If some of the games have good layerable foregrounds and backgrounds (be those characters, landscapes, etc.) you could cut those out of several of the boxes and layer them over top of one another to make a new picture (kinda like this: http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/cut-out-landscape).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
We've taken care of everything...
mbmbmbmbmb
I recycle them. Ashes to ashes, cardboard to bluebin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.