Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems pretty simple to have changed these tokens to have a small artwork printed on them:

Red -> A semi-truck with dudes hanging on sides with guns or something
Blue -> Two people shaking hands
Gray -> Construction crew

Seems like it would help when teaching the game instead of just using colors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know -- I'm really fine with the color coding as is (and I've found teaching the game to be really simple). On the other hand, some kind of symbol might certainly help people who are color-blind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Browes
United Kingdom
London
Tooting
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with you 100% Nathan, a real missed opportunity. I think calling them something thematic like raiders, traders, and builders would have made a lot more sense than the painfully bland 'contact tokens.'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
/|\ Roland /|\
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Technically, by the original game, you are supposed to be incorporating these locations into your faction territory, not building them per se.

The idea of building something like a factory or bulldozer rather than taking over control of an existing entity is one of several irritating changes in the new version, but I digress.

So maybe raising a faction flag or something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David S.
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
V1 Rotate
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ath3ist wrote:
The idea of building something like a factory or bulldozer rather than taking over control of an existing entity is one of several irritating changes in the new version, but I digress

I guess the rule book does say build, but I took that as another typo left over from IS. As is calling the drafting phase the lookout phase just after. Anyway, I've always considered the grey tokens as supplies needed to take over a location and developing as building something new on top of the old location. Works thematically to me, makes sense with the distance cost. I personally think it's what was meant and 'build' was just an unfortunate carry over from IS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.