Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gunnar Maluf
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi all,

I am really interested in buying Scythe and I was waiting on Stonemeier games KS excess being available for purchase. That's until yesterday when I noticed some stores have Scythe for pre-order at $50. This raises 2 questions.

1. How much will the KS edition excess cost? I believe I read somewhere that the normal price is $80 for the standard edition.
2. If the KS excess is sold by $80, is it worth extra $30?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Loos
msg tools
If you can get the KS version of the game it is worth every single dollar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to worry, Stonemaier Games doesn't do Kickstarter exclusives and everything will eventually become available. I would just get a retail copy and then keep an eye out for the fun stuff like coins and art book.

That said, I got the Collector's Edition and LOVE it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are only a few KS promos in the basic version of the game. I expect that you'll eventually be able to get them from SM for much less than $30.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
The coins are available for preorder on MM already. It would be great if SMG came out with a CE uograde kit. What I really want, though is just the extended board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
United States
Trumbull
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can see what (most of) the preorder prices were here. Since those were preorders, I'd expect retail prices to be higher (most MSRPs are noted on that page). There's also the purchase chart on the Scythe purchase page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunnar Maluf
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks all for your comments. I decided to pre-order it since it's quite cheaper than the final retail price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can see the prices for all of the items we'll be selling (if we have them after KS fulfillment is complete) on the image on this page (add-ons are at the bottom):

http://stonemaiergames.com/buy-scythe/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, can you let me know which store is accepting pre-orders for the retail version of Scythe at that price? The lowest we like a store to sell our games for is at most 35% off MSRP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul H
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Why aren't you at your post?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I absolutely love my Collectors Edition. The components match the quality that I was hoping for from a Collectors Edition. That said, none of the extra components strike me as necessary and if money or value was at question, I would say just get the core game. It's still a phenomenal game with beautiful art and components that exceed what you'd find in similarly priced games.

Buy what you can afford and I promise you won't regret it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
msg tools
badge
It's so FLUFFY!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can get the upgraded resource components here - https://www.topshelfgamer.com/collections/stonemaier-treasur...

Getting 20 of each is I think double the price you were able to during the KS, but if you really want them, it's an option. I got the Premium version from an online retailer that bought copies during the KS and am happy with it. I wish I would have been able to get the resource tokens on pre-order through the campaign but they were sold out when I looked. I was able to get the board extension though. That said, it makes the board super massive and takes up pretty much the whole table. lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunnar Maluf
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Jamey

You asked which store was selling Scythe at $50.
It ends up I rounded it down, the real price is $52.80 which is a bit less than 35% discount. It's available at that price on miniature market.

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Gunnar! I appreciate the heads up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.