Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a fun one. Michael and I discuss this new line in the Review Corner's head to head format over at Miniature Market.

Hope you enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice review, Charlie. I'm glad you both enjoyed it. I think you're both right that, for now, the "less is more" approach may prove to be the best opening path for the game.

Anything new they produce will add wrinkles to the game. It's easier and safer to make a simple game more complex, since you can always get back to the simple game by removing some of the added material. No so easy with a game that is complex to begin with. Everything is interdependent and taking something out leads to unwelcome imbalances.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BradyLS wrote:
Nice review, Charlie. I'm glad you both enjoyed it. I think you're both right that, for now, the "less is more" approach may prove to be the best opening path for the game.

Anything new they produce will add wrinkles to the game. It's easier and safer to make a simple game more complex, since you can always get back to the simple game by removing some of the added material. No so easy with a game that is complex to begin with. Everything is interdependent and taking something out leads to unwelcome imbalances.

That's a great point Brady about always being able to return to the simple game.

I'm very curious if we'll ever see an advanced rules supplement down the line. I do think the game is very fun and enjoyable now in its current state as long as you're not heading in looking for a simulation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.