Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Kozlowski
United States
Hebron
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is that something that has been offered at all? If not, why not? Personally, I'm getting a bit angry that this will be two Gen Con's in a row that they will be selling stuff that I paid for three years ago and haven't received yet. And yes, I'm aware of the optional Wave 1.5 shipping I could have paid extra for, but I think it's absurd that I have to pay them extra to ship me stuff that I will be standing right in front of at Gen Con.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Michalski
United States
West Homestead
PA
flag msg tools
On their FB, someone asked about this, they said they probably are going to offer gencon pickup, once they get the logistics figured out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kozlowski
United States
Hebron
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to hear and that would make a lot of sense if they offered it. Of course they don't have much time left to get it figured out, but hopefully we'll hear something soon. Thanks for the heads up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nagati
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I imagine that you will still have to pay for Wave 1.5 shipping just like all the folks who got their stuff at the Seattle pick up events. The frogs still need to sort out, pack and deliver your package to Gencon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We actually didn't have to pay for the shipping for Caverns of Cynder + Doorways last year at Gen Con. They just sorta gave them to us if we were KS backers, free of any charge at all. So that was cool.

But they had a whole bunch of other stuff from Wave 1.5 (not all of it, it was clear they were still in the process of building it) that they weren't letting us pick up, probably because they were preview versions and needed to be sold to cover the cost of business.

So I bought all that stuff anyway and now I have 2 of everything and can field 2 Burrowers at once!

It's both more, and less, fun than it sounds.

- Jee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kozlowski
United States
Hebron
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received a reply from Flying Frog and they are NOT allowing Gen Con pick up with the possible exception of one of the expansion packs. That just pisses me off. I've said nothing about this issue before, but I'm at my limit. When I saw them selling stuff at the last Gen Con it didn't bother me really because I figured we'd be getting our stuff not too long after, but now it's been another year with no light at the end of the tunnel for when we'll be getting wave 2.

They should ABSOLUTELY allow people to pick up Wave 1.5 at Gen Con. The fact that they'll be selling that stuff to non-backers while just smiling at me and saying "well, you can pay extra to have the stuff we're selling to these fine folks right here and shipped to you at a later date" is UTTER BS.

It's been THREE YEARS since the KS ended and it's looking like it will be at least FOUR before we get everything we were promised. Maybe even five!!! That is INSANE and Flying Frog selling this stuff without at least allowing Gen Con pick up is an insult.

Sorry to those of you who don't have a problem with this and who are still fans of Flying Frog, I don't mean to rant about a company and game that you are fans of, but I'm fed up, and I don't think my frustration is unreasonable considering the circumstances.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koz1120 wrote:
I received a reply from Flying Frog and they are NOT allowing Gen Con pick up with the possible exception of one of the expansion packs.

This is how it was last year. You got Cynder/Doorways, presumably because they had the retail packaging all finished for those expos. If you wanted the rest early, you had to buy it. It was all packaged in unceremonious white boxes with stickers on them - clearly preview versions. Yeah, it was annoying ... but it didn't deter me for more than a few moments. It's not like I was going to settle for only one set of Serpentmen anyway.

So, the "one expansion" they're likely letting us pick up is Trederra which amounts to the bulk of the new content anyway (new world + 4 new enemy types). If you don't relish the idea of doubles for some of the content (which actually is useful in a lot of cases), you can sell the extras later on E-bay when Wave 2 comes. To me, this is an acceptable inconvenience for the ability to get my hands on the stuff earlier than then FFP could physically get it to me (and make no mistake - if they could give the stuff to you right now without taking significant set-backs to their business model, they would).

- Jee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.