Warhammer Quest» Forums » General

Subject: Warhammer Quest/Shadows of Brimstone Mashup? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Freund
msg tools
designer
mb
Since Shadows of Brimstone is inspired by WQ, I thought this topic might be applicable to some of you.

I recently purchased WQ and am loving life right now. It's a blast. So far, my only real complaint is the map tiles. Not only are they all the same shapes and sizes, but they are very narrow and don't allow for much movement on the battlefield.

I was thinking to myself last night, why couldn't I use the map tiles and map cards from Shadows of Brimstone for a mission in WQ? All rules would remain the same:

- you'd still draw 13 map cards from Shadows of Brimstone, with one of them serving as the Objective Room
- you'd still use the WQ event cards as normal
- you'd still roll for power

Has anyone tried this? Seems to me this might add a little bit of variety to the look and feel of the environment in which you are exploring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
Columbus, OH's best all '90s rock cover act: facebook.com/oddjobpolicy
badge
I can't believe your head exploded. If your head explodes, you'll never make it on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
DSteak wrote:
Since Shadows of Brimstone is inspired by WQ, I thought this topic might be applicable to some of you.

I recently purchased WQ and am loving life right now. It's a blast. So far, my only real complaint is the map tiles. Not only are they all the same shapes and sizes, but they are very narrow and don't allow for much movement on the battlefield.

I was thinking to myself last night, why couldn't I use the map tiles and map cards from Shadows of Brimstone for a mission in WQ? All rules would remain the same:

- you'd still draw 13 map cards from Shadows of Brimstone, with one of them serving as the Objective Room
- you'd still use the WQ event cards as normal
- you'd still roll for power

Has anyone tried this? Seems to me this might add a little bit of variety to the look and feel of the environment in which you are exploring.

All sounds reasonable. The balance is so swingy and loose in WHQ anyway, it really lends itself to modding. Go for it and report back!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Freund
msg tools
designer
mb
I think I just might

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.