Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
28 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Does this fit the narrative? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Staff
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
http://nypost.com/2016/07/07/video-shows-motorist-punching-o...
So this thug gets out of his car and attacks the dude in the car behind him then gets smoked.
Does this fit the narrative of the left or not?
Oh, the guy in back car was off duty police.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
"Captain, although your abilities intrigue me, you are quite honestly inferior"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Which narrative, about what?
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Diabolik771 wrote:
http://nypost.com/2016/07/07/video-shows-motorist-punching-o...
So this thug gets out of his car and attacks the dude in the car behind him then gets smoked.
Does this fit the narrative of the left or not?
Oh, the guy in back car was off duty police.


Nope, that would appear to be outside their narrative.

Give it a few days....they'll gen up something about it to get angry about.


Ferret
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
"Captain, although your abilities intrigue me, you are quite honestly inferior"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
Nope, that would appear to be outside their narrative.
Do you have a link to this alleged "narrative"?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Uh...that, assuming the facts are correct, this actually IS an example of a valid use of lethal force, unlike several other recent incidents?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
"Captain, although your abilities intrigue me, you are quite honestly inferior"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Diabolik771 wrote:
So this thug gets out of his car and attacks the dude in the car behind him then gets smoked.
Does this fit the narrative of the left or not?
Oh, the guy in back car was off duty police.
It helps if you get the actual narrative right, the cops car was two cars ahead. I know it's hard to read every word when you are in a rush to get here and prove liberals 'wrong" about something we don't know what your talking about.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
Chigwell, Essex, London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Nobody help him, he might get there on his own.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, I guess? Sometimes police shoot people legitimately because people need to be shot, sometimes they shoot people for no good reason. There are increasing concerns that the latter is more common, but the former still happens.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
Avatar
mbmb
Diabolik771 wrote:
http://nypost.com/2016/07/07/video-shows-motorist-punching-o...
So this thug gets out of his car and attacks the dude in the car behind him then gets smoked.
Does this fit the narrative of the left or not?
Oh, the guy in back car was off duty police.


It absolutely does fit the liberal narrative that conservatives are desperate for any attack they can find to distract attention from their own shortcomings, and that they care little for petty concerns like accuracy, relevance, or responsibility when making their accusations.
18 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Myers
United States
Redmond
WA
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
Diabolik771 wrote:
http://nypost.com/2016/07/07/video-shows-motorist-punching-o...
So this thug gets out of his car and attacks the dude in the car behind him then gets smoked.
Does this fit the narrative of the left or not?
Oh, the guy in back car was off duty police.


It absolutely does fit the liberal narrative that conservatives are desperate for any attack they can find to distract attention from their own shortcomings, and that they care little for petty concerns like accuracy, relevance, or responsibility when making their accusations.


I salute you.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Staff
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
Diabolik771 wrote:
So this thug gets out of his car and attacks the dude in the car behind him then gets smoked.
Does this fit the narrative of the left or not?
Oh, the guy in back car was off duty police.
It helps if you get the actual narrative right, the cops car was two cars ahead. I know it's hard to read every word when you are in a rush to get here and prove liberals 'wrong" about something we don't know what your talking about.

Oh, just glanced at it. You are correct on the car placement.
Point Butt-Chin.
What relevance is it where the cars were? What if they were side to side would that matter, really?
By the anger from the other posters, I say this doesn't fit the narrative despite a white cop shooting a black criminal. Nothing worse for liberals then justifiable homicide with a gun.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Staff
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
Which narrative, about what?

Come on, don't play naive....whistlewhistlewhistle
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Diabolik771 wrote:
TheChin! wrote:
Diabolik771 wrote:
So this thug gets out of his car and attacks the dude in the car behind him then gets smoked.
Does this fit the narrative of the left or not?
Oh, the guy in back car was off duty police.
It helps if you get the actual narrative right, the cops car was two cars ahead. I know it's hard to read every word when you are in a rush to get here and prove liberals 'wrong" about something we don't know what your talking about.

Oh, just glanced at it. You are correct on the car placement.
Point Butt-Chin.
What relevance is it where the cars were? What if they were side to side would that matter, really?
By the anger from the other posters, I say this doesn't fit the narrative despite a white cop shooting a black criminal. Nothing worse for liberals then justifiable homicide with a gun.

Do you actually read posts or see who the poster is and say "Meh, I already know what it says?"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
"Captain, although your abilities intrigue me, you are quite honestly inferior"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Diabolik771 wrote:
Nothing worse for liberals then justifiable homicide with a gun.
Isn't the jury still out on this? Was shooting the last and only resort? Was rolling up the window not an option? Was driving off not an option? Was killing an unarmed guy that was punching him the only option? I think you are pre-judging the situation.

Having said that, justifiable defense with a deadly weapon isn't bad for liberals. Using deadly weapons in vain is a problem for liberals. Giving easy access to deadly weapons to the criminally violent is a problem for liberals. Having poorly trained wannabe vigilantes wandering the public landscape with deadly weapons looking for trouble is a problem for liberals. People who are in mortal danger using a deadly weapon to protect themselves is not a problem. But thanks for inventing a narrative for us, though you might not want to look at a career in fiction any time soon.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Staff
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
Diabolik771 wrote:
Nothing worse for liberals then justifiable homicide with a gun.
Isn't the jury still out on this? Was shooting the last and only resort? Was rolling up the window not an option? Was driving off not an option? Was killing an unarmed guy that was punching him the only option? I think you are pre-judging the situation.

Having said that, justifiable defense with a deadly weapon isn't bad for liberals. Using deadly weapons in vain is a problem for liberals. Giving easy access to deadly weapons to the criminally violent is a problem for liberals. Having poorly trained wannabe vigilantes wandering the public landscape with deadly weapons looking for trouble is a problem for liberals. People who are in mortal danger using a deadly weapon to protect themselves is not a problem. But thanks for inventing a narrative for us, though you might not want to look at a career in fiction any time soon.

When has the left bothered with waiting for details or facts?
"Was rolling up the window not an option?"
BA HAHAHAHAHAHA!laugh What gives anyone the right to enter your car while driving?
Hey, raging out blindly and attacking people in cars has its consequences.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
rinelk wrote:
Diabolik771 wrote:
http://nypost.com/2016/07/07/video-shows-motorist-punching-o...
So this thug gets out of his car and attacks the dude in the car behind him then gets smoked.
Does this fit the narrative of the left or not?
Oh, the guy in back car was off duty police.


It absolutely does fit the liberal narrative that conservatives are desperate for any attack they can find to distract attention from their own shortcomings, and that they care little for petty concerns like accuracy, relevance, or responsibility when making their accusations.


Oooooh, snap!

Nuance escapes Jeff.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone actually have any clue what Diabolik is ranting about here beyond "blarg argl glab blarg LIBERALS BAD! blargl glarp"?
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
Avatar
mbmb
Diabolik771 wrote:
What gives anyone the right to enter your car while driving?
Hey, raging out blindly and attacking people in cars has its consequences.


You get that not all violations merit the death penalty, right? You don't necessarily have the option of killing someone who violates your rights.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
StormKnight wrote:
Does anyone actually have any clue what Diabolik is ranting about here beyond "blarg argl glab blarg LIBERALS BAD! blargl glarp"?


Oh yeah. He is trying to demonstrate two of the main themes here at RSP. One, that cops are shooting black men for no good reason (hence, the story about the altercation and the off-duty officer's response). Two, that the use of a personal firearm can be and often is used to successfully protect the lives of innocent people when confronted with law breakers intent on harming innocent people. The thing about the liberals? Standard Rush Ditto-head/Fox News-watching tripe. Also the same for the "thug" reference. The Ditto-heads and Fox watchers are smart enough they can't say "scuzzy nigger" any more and get away with it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
Does anyone actually have any clue what Diabolik is ranting about here beyond "blarg argl glab blarg LIBERALS BAD! blargl glarp"?

I think he's saying that since cops sometimes have to kill black people for a justifiable reason, it's not a problem for them to kill black people for no reason either.

I guess he's just cheering for the death of black people?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
damiangerous wrote:
StormKnight wrote:
Does anyone actually have any clue what Diabolik is ranting about here beyond "blarg argl glab blarg LIBERALS BAD! blargl glarp"?

I think he's saying that since cops sometimes have to kill black people for a justifiable reason, it's not a problem for them to kill black people for no reason either.

I guess he's just cheering for the death of black people?

I don't think Jeff's a racist. I do believe he might cheer for the death of liberals though....
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Myers
United States
Redmond
WA
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
damiangerous wrote:
StormKnight wrote:
Does anyone actually have any clue what Diabolik is ranting about here beyond "blarg argl glab blarg LIBERALS BAD! blargl glarp"?

I think he's saying that since cops sometimes have to kill black people for a justifiable reason, it's not a problem for them to kill black people for no reason either.

I guess he's just cheering for the death of black people?

I don't think Jeff's a racist. I do believe he might cheer for the death of liberals though....


He's said rather directly racist stuff prior. He's a prototypical closeted conservative. Semi-mythical, really, but here he is!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
StormKnight wrote:
Does anyone actually have any clue what Diabolik is ranting about here beyond "blarg argl glab blarg LIBERALS BAD! blargl glarp"?

I think he's saying that since cops sometimes have to kill black people for a justifiable reason, it's not a problem for them to kill black people for no reason either.

I guess he's just cheering for the death of black people?


I'm guessing he was wanting to mock all the liberals who immediately went up in arms about the cop being a brutal racist murderer when this situation sounds like legitimate self-defense, but he skipped the part where he waits for any liberals to actually get up in arms about it.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
Diabolik771 wrote:
What gives anyone the right to enter your car while driving?
Hey, raging out blindly and attacking people in cars has its consequences.


You get that not all violations merit the death penalty, right? You don't necessarily have the option of killing someone who violates your rights.

Oops... blush my bad
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
Chigwell, Essex, London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I had OP plonked but he's far too funny not to read.

It also seems pretty clear after the lisp addition to his diversity thread that he's just one grand slur away from getting booted and he's certainly got it in him. Enjoy the crazy while it lasts.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.