United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I just because I have them all I want to make a RIDICULOUS huge game of talisman that uses core board + cataclysm board side by side, and all 4 corner expansions. You could ascend to either crown of command for the win, and it would be ridiculous. Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And travel between boards at the City wharf, Tavern, or with a raft or other river-crossing or teleport card? It would be huge, but it would technically work.

Another idea is to use the base board and the Harbinger, and replace the main board with the Cataclysm board when the Apocalypse occurs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to go bolder than that and just have them be side by side, for symmetry. I sort of like the idea of having to draw a "nether realms" card in order to cross the plane to the future world. Makes that deck a little more interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have shared this before, also with the dragon expansion board, and just find a space on the boards that connects them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A
United States
flag msg tools
phillipsjr2 wrote:
So, I just because I have them all I want to make a RIDICULOUS huge game of talisman that uses core board + cataclysm board side by side, and all 4 corner expansions. You could ascend to either crown of command for the win, and it would be ridiculous. Any thoughts?

I would just use the normal board + harbinger. Then then the 7th omen is active, if uou would draw another omen card, the cataclsym happens, and only then you replace the normal board with fresh cataclsym board. Wipe all cards, no denizens yet, and everything else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon New
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
I rather like Talisman
badge
The Wanderer
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out (A) Tale of Two Core Boards here -

http://www.talismanisland.com/?page_id=4888
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A
United States
flag msg tools
I've been struggling with flavor vs. mechanics on this for the past couple days. I like all the mechanics introduced in Cataclysm, but the Harbinger might be my 2nd favorite expansion right behind Reaper. I also love the classic board much more than Cataclysm...

Ideally, I would just transfer all the text from the Cataclysm board to the regular board.

Instead, I'm just going to say one of the 4 Dooms came to pass. The rebuilding/rebirth has begun and another Doom is on the way -- the 2nd Apocalypse.

(That's my story and I'm sticking to it.)

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ninja_Bob wrote:
I've been struggling with flavor vs. mechanics on this for the past couple days. I like all the mechanics introduced in Cataclysm, but the Harbinger might be my 2nd favorite expansion right behind Reaper. I also love the classic board much more than Cataclysm...

Ideally, I would just transfer all the text from the Cataclysm board to the regular board.

Instead, I'm just going to say one of the 4 Dooms came to pass. The rebuilding/rebirth has begun and another Doom is on the way -- the 2nd Apocalypse.

(That's my story and I'm sticking to it.)

ninja

Harbinger is my favorite. I love it. The theme is great and it shortens game play by 25%.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Conroy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really don't like the art in the 4th ed core board (expansions are generally much better, from Highland onwards anyway), so that alone is a reason to play with the Cataclysm board for me.

In general, Talisman components really show how Fantasy Flight games has evolved in quality over the last decade. Compare the later miniatures and character illustrations to the early ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.