2 Posts

Myth» Forums » Rules

Subject: Special effect of item cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Madsen
msg tools
Hello.

A lot of item cards has special effects connected to them. I find it unclear on how many of your equipped items that can give you their special effect at the same time during a fight.

1. Those with faith recipes seem only to work when attacking with that item. Is that correct?

2. Armor items seem to always give their special, all the time. Correct?

3. Those in the shield slot require you to use them for the attack to get the special. Correct?

4. Finally, items equipped in the secondary slot. Like boots of speed or ring of kings. They have an attack value. But it seems the special effect always is active. Correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DrProfHazzmatt
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Riding the Kickstarter hype train since 2015.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Good question. I believe you are correct. You can only use the fate recipes of the item(s) you are using. I believe you'll only find them on weapons so it's whichever weapon you are attacking with. I could be wrong about what items have fate recipes though.

2. Armor items always provide their stat boost, es.

3. Also correct. Each hero typically has attack cards that refer to their off-hand item. For the acolyte it'll say relic. This means you use the relic to determine your dice pool instead of your primary weapon.

4. I believe everything about the accessory slot items is always active. If they provide any bonus dice they are added to all combat actions (Non combat actions NCAs are the exception to adding dice to my knowledge) and the special effect such as drawing an extra treasure token to chose from for the ring of kings is also always active.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.