Subject: Wound and Shield interaction rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark T
United States
Southern MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was reading through the rulebook with great anticipation of what looks to be an incredible game and came across the Wound condition rule (pg 22). Is there any mitigation of this from a Shield ability? It doesn't say so and it doesn't seem like there should be, but I'm just curious.

It almost seems like a silly question, but someone somewhere will probably argue about this very point. Thanks!

And since Isaac seems to be a regular around here, a big thanks to you for all your hard work. I wish I had heard about your game in time to back it last year! Looking forward to getting my hands on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew G Somers
United States
flag msg tools
No, since Wound is not considered an attack, Shield will not protect you from it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Mathew is correct (as always). Shield specifically only mitigates damage from attacks. Anything that directly causes a figure to suffer damage is not mitigated by shield.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.