Dan McGowan
United States
Norridgewock
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love the Linear Movement variant idea! I'm looking forward to trying it with my friends.

My question seems simple but I want to physically set the cards on the table in the way that makes the most sense to my players. (Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else. I couldn't find it.)

1) Once I've randomly chosen a Location Setup card, I lay the Location Cards on the table in the indicated pattern.
2) I made some "paths" and printed them on cardstock which I then lay under the Location Cards in the manner directed by the Location Setup Card.
3) I plan on using the PC Standees on the Location Cards to indicate what Location each character is at.

Finally, my question: Where do you put the Location Decks and how do you know which Deck corresponds to which Location?

4) My idea was to simply print out the names of each Location used in the scenario then put it directly above each Location Deck.

Do you have a better idea?
Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ahearne
United States
Ayer
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We put the location decks below the location cards.

So if the locations are like this:
L   L
        L
L   L

we put the decks under them
L   L
D   D
        L
        D
L   L
D   D

That might not work so well if you are using paths, depending on the paths.
We allowed movement to any adjacent deck.
(So the diagram here wouldn't be very restricted, but it is somewhat restricted when you have 8 locations for 6 players, as we had).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We printed out a large poster-sized map of Sandpoint and placed the decks in the general area where they would be found. It really helped to immerse us in the story.

https://sites.google.com/site/masseysriseoftherunelords/wiki...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.