Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

Scythe» Forums » General

Subject: Encounter card count rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is a really simple question, but I asked in 2 threads and haven't seen any answers thus far.

I have the Special Edition and 36 encounter cards. The instructions and Kickstarter suggest there should be 24 + 8 = 32 encounter cards. Obviously more is better, but is this the case for everyone, out of curiosity?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Soule
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Special Edition has 4 additional Encounter cards. See all the differences between the editions here: http://stonemaiergames.com/buy-scythe/
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Irwin
United States
Bad Axe
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Kickstarter editions include a promo pack which includes 8 additional encounter cards along with 4 additional objective cards and 6 factory cards.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamey mentioned in a KS update there would be 4 additional beyond the 4 extra listed for 24+4+4=32 28 + 4 (mentioned on KS page) + 4 (extra mentioned by Jamey in an update) = 36.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That's correct, we added 4 more encounter cards as a thank you to our generous backers. There are 28 cards in the base game, plus 8 promo cards in the KS editions.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wheels
Australia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GAFBlizzard wrote:
This is a really simple question, but I asked in 2 threads and haven't seen any answers thus far.

I have the Special Edition and 36 encounter cards. The instructions and Kickstarter suggest there should be 24 + 8 = 32 encounter cards. Obviously more is better, but is this the case for everyone, out of curiosity?


Wait, I'm still confused then. Did you miscount, get duplicates, or something else?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wheels2050 wrote:
GAFBlizzard wrote:
This is a really simple question, but I asked in 2 threads and haven't seen any answers thus far.

I have the Special Edition and 36 encounter cards. The instructions and Kickstarter suggest there should be 24 + 8 = 32 encounter cards. Obviously more is better, but is this the case for everyone, out of curiosity?


Wait, I'm still confused then. Did you miscount, get duplicates, or something else?


What's so confusing, there were going to be 28 in the basic game, plus 4 for the special edition, but as Jamey posted above, they added four more for 36. Nothing to be confused about.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 36 unique encounter cards. Kickstarter backers have all 36, and retail buyers have 28, as listed in the rules. We'll be releasing the 8 promo cards on the BGG store over the next 4-5 months so people who buy the retail version can buy them.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wheels
Australia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
reverendunclebastard wrote:
Wheels2050 wrote:
GAFBlizzard wrote:
This is a really simple question, but I asked in 2 threads and haven't seen any answers thus far.

I have the Special Edition and 36 encounter cards. The instructions and Kickstarter suggest there should be 24 + 8 = 32 encounter cards. Obviously more is better, but is this the case for everyone, out of curiosity?


Wait, I'm still confused then. Did you miscount, get duplicates, or something else?


What's so confusing, there were going to be 28 in the basic game, plus 4 for the special edition, but as Jamey posted above, they added four more for 36. Nothing to be confused about.


Ah OK, I was confused because Xenothon said there were 32 total and immediately below that Jamey said "That's correct", with the rest of his comment seeming to agree with Xenothon's.

Also, the campaign page still lists 28 encounter cards, plus 4 in the promo pack for a total of 32. I can find zero references on the KS page to the extra four cards to bring it to 36 - I don't think it's that unexpected that I might be confused.

Glad to have it cleared up.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I see. Yeah, I was saying that he was correct about the 4 cards we added later (it may have actually been 2 cards...it's been a while), but you're right, the number 32 isn't the correct total.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, sorry- guys. My head was in the right place, but my fingers were already in salsa class. I'll edit the original comment!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wheels2050 wrote:
reverendunclebastard wrote:
Wheels2050 wrote:
GAFBlizzard wrote:
This is a really simple question, but I asked in 2 threads and haven't seen any answers thus far.

I have the Special Edition and 36 encounter cards. The instructions and Kickstarter suggest there should be 24 + 8 = 32 encounter cards. Obviously more is better, but is this the case for everyone, out of curiosity?


Wait, I'm still confused then. Did you miscount, get duplicates, or something else?


What's so confusing, there were going to be 28 in the basic game, plus 4 for the special edition, but as Jamey posted above, they added four more for 36. Nothing to be confused about.


Ah OK, I was confused because Xenothon said there were 32 total and immediately below that Jamey said "That's correct", with the rest of his comment seeming to agree with Xenothon's.

Also, the campaign page still lists 28 encounter cards, plus 4 in the promo pack for a total of 32. I can find zero references on the KS page to the extra four cards to bring it to 36 - I don't think it's that unexpected that I might be confused.

Glad to have it cleared up.

Thanks everyone, the Kickstarter page was what confused me too. I missed / forgot about the update mentioning 4 extra cards.

Either way I'm happy for more encounters.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, unfortunately I can't edit the page at this point.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Huss
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamey, I see that the promo card listed on the Watch it Played fundraiser is number 38. Where is 37?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
John: See here (it's for the next Dice Tower campaign): https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23163721#23163721
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Nordstrom
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Board Games are Old School, I Be Old School
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought Encounter Cards 37-42, the combat dials for factions 6 and 7, and the $50 and $2 coins from Meeple Source.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
evidence wrote:
I bought Encounter Cards 37-42, the combat dials for factions 6 and 7, and the $50 and $2 coins from Meeple Source.
That's right, there are 32 cards in the base game (retail version), with two sets of promotions - the first had 4 and second 6 for 42 in all...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.