Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Wil
United Kingdom
South London
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmb
On the Player Aid Mat v4 under Elite Units in Battle, is one of the DRM showing a miss print?
On the 2nd line of DRM the line reads at the end "...that Guard Unit (o-o);"
Is that the icon for Elite or Guard units or is the text in correct?
Chris.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Not entirely sure what you're referring to, but I'll try to clarify as best I can.

Elite units are ones which have their Combat Strength in red; guard units are those which have their Movement Allowance in red. It is possible for a unit to be elite and not a guard, and also for a unit to be a guard but not elite. A unit with both its Combat Strength and Movement Allowance in red is an elite guard and thus has the characteristics of both types.

Elite units have two effects: they have their retreat distance reduced by two (-2) when they Rout (see rule [9.6.2.1]) and they can potentially benefit from Elan (see optional rule [16.7.1]).

Guard units also have two (different) effects: the controlling player must pay Morale to Commit the Guard to move them into a position from which they can attack (see rule [12.3]) and they're subject to Le Garde Recule (see rule [12.3.1]).

When rolling to see if an elite unit gets Elan when using the "Elite Units in Battle" table, the elite unit being checked gets a +1 bonus to its die roll if, in addition to being elite, it is also a guard unit. You can also potentially get an another +1 bonus to the roll if Morale was spent to Commit that guard unit (for a total +2 bonus). And finally, you could receive yet another (third) +1 bonus if you also paid an additional Morale point to Commit Reserves.

I hope that clears things up.

Lance McMillan
Developer for VPG's "Napoleonic 20" series
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wil
United Kingdom
South London
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmb

Hi Lance thanks for a quick reply.

Please see image which I hope clarify my confusion.
A unit being described as a Guard unit shows combat strength as Red (Elite Unit). Please see just after the last '...Guard Unit' text.
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, the Player Aid mat is wrong. Both the "bubble" pictures should show the Movement Allowance as red.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wil
United Kingdom
South London
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks Lance for the clarification.

Is there any errata for Hundred Days 20?

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that I'm aware of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.