Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Irwin
United States
Bad Axe
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just noticed that the "Township" mech ability allows movement from controlled village to controlled village as well as the factory. Can they Saxony mech ability "Underpass" move from controlled mountain to controlled mountain, similar to "Township", or only from mountain to tunnel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lori MacKenzie
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From Pg15.

"Mountains you control and all tunnels (including your mine if you have one) are considered to be adjacent to each other"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J S
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
This still seems potentially ambiguous to me. It could reasonably be interpreted to mean that mountains and tunnels (+mine) are all adjacent (so mountain->mountain works). The lack of an "all" before "Mountains" means that it also be interpreted to mean that mountains are individually adjacent to all tunnels (so mountain->tunnel or tunnel->mountain, but no mountain->mountain).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danwarr
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stickasylum wrote:
This still seems potentially ambiguous to me. It could reasonably be interpreted to mean that mountains and tunnels (+mine) are all adjacent (so mountain->mountain works). The lack of an "all" before "Mountains" means that it also be interpreted to mean that mountains are individually adjacent to all tunnels (so mountain->tunnel or tunnel->mountain, but no mountain->mountain).

I believe Underpass prevents movement from a controlled Mountain space to an uncontrolled Mountain space. However, you could go Mountain to Mountain if you had control of the Mountain being moved to.

The primary benefit of Underpass seems to be allowing for movement from your Mountain tiles to an uncontrolled Tunnel or Tunnels with enemy factions on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Danwarr wrote:
Stickasylum wrote:

I believe Underpass prevents movement from a controlled Mountain space to an uncontrolled Mountain space. However, you could go Mountain to Mountain if you had control of the Mountain being moved to.

This is exactly correct!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiran Wagle
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Stickasylum wrote:

This is indeed ambiguous and has come up WRT the Rusviet power--I hadn't noticed that it also affects the Saxons. And the people answering are all focusing on when you control something rather than which things are adjacent.

It seems like allowing villages to be adjacent to other villages is far more powerful than requiring every trip to go through the Factory.

~ Kiran <entropy@prismnet.com>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KWagle wrote:
Stickasylum wrote:

This is indeed ambiguous and has come up WRT the Rusviet power--I hadn't noticed that it also affects the Saxons. And the people answering are all focusing on when you control something rather than which things are adjacent.

It seems like allowing villages to be adjacent to other villages is far more powerful than requiring every trip to go through the Factory.

~ Kiran <entropy@prismnet.com>

Both things are adjacent, so controlled village to controlled village, or factory to controlled village or controlled village to factory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KWagle wrote:
Stickasylum wrote:

Just to be clear, the villages and the Factory are only considered adjacent IF they're controlled by the player
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiran Wagle
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
KWagle wrote:
Stickasylum wrote:

Just to be clear, the villages and the Factory are only considered adjacent IF they're controlled by the player

See, this is why it's still ambiguous. "The villages and the Factory are adjacent" is not the same as saying "the villages and the other villages are adjacent."

And note as well, even Morten is focused on the need for them to be controlled by the player. That part is completely clear!

Let me put it another way. If Rusviet controls two villages but another faction controls the Factory, can Rusviet units travel from one of those cities to another?

Does this change if nobody controls the Factory?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KWagle wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:
KWagle wrote:
Stickasylum wrote:

See, this is why it's still ambiguous. "The villages and the Factory are adjacent" is not the same as saying "the villages and the other villages are adjacent."

And note as well, even Morten is focused on the need for them to be controlled by the player. That part is completely clear!

Let me put it another way. If Rusviet controls two villages but another faction controls the Factory, can Rusviet units travel from one of those cities to another?

If Rusviet controls two villages, it can travel between them regardless of the status of the factory. In other words, all controlled villages are adjacent to all other controlled villages. Also all controlled villages are adjacent to the factory.

Controlled villages are adjacent to all other controlled villages for the Rusviets whether the Rusviets control the factory, another faction controls the factory, or nobody controls the factory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
reverendunclebastard wrote:
KWagle wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:

If Rusviet controls two villages, it can travel between them regardless of the status of the factory. In other words, all controlled villages are adjacent to all other controlled villages. Also all controlled villages are adjacent to the factory when it is controlled.

Controlled villages are adjacent to all other controlled villages for the Rusviets whether the Rusviets control the factory, another faction controls the factory, or nobody controls the factory.

Yes, this is spot on.

Consider the all villages + the Factory to be a single set of territories with the Factory in no way is special.

The consider the subset containing all of those territories, which are controlled by the Rusviet player.

All territories in that subset are considered adjacent.

Hope the confusion is cleared up now? If not let us know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Ferrari
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps I misunderstood your replies, but the Factory is always adjacent to the controlled Villages, for the Rusviet, regardless the Factory is controlled itself or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DocOne wrote:
Perhaps I misunderstood your replies, but the Factory is always adjacent to the controlled Villages, for the Rusviet, regardless the Factory is controlled itself or not.

Ah, yeah, that was a brainfart on my part. Sorry.

My explanation should therefore be changed to:

Take the set of all of those the village territories, which are controlled by the Rusviet player and only those. Call this Set A.

Add the Factory to Set A whether controlled or not.

All territories in Set A are considered adjacent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.