Subject: Worker tokens? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Barth
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
Rahdo's playthrough shows the workers as flat tokens? I realize he had a prototype and was wondering if anyone could confirm if they come this way out of the 2nd edition printing?

If they are flat tokens, would it be possible to replace these tokens with small colored meeples or even cubes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd go with meeples and why not? Good idea, think I'll steal it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SIMONE COLOMBO
Italy
Genova
GE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know the disks have a man on a side, and a woman on the other side...the first side is used if they go to fishing, the second one if they go to lace working...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Cook
United Kingdom
Burton on Trent
Staffs
flag msg tools
badge
I'd agree with everything you were saying, if only you were right...
mbmbmbmbmb
ufotexspa wrote:
As far as I know the disks have a man on a side, and a woman on the other side...the first side is used if they go to fishing, the second one if they go to lace working...

Whilst this is correct as per the rulebook, from a gameplay perspective it makes no difference whatsoever.
The owner of the copy in one of my groups (not me) has replaced the tokens (which incidentally are quite difficult to distinguish colours) with small meeples and it has improved an already enjoyable game immensely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Barth
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yay! I am glad for this. Looks like one of the miniature meeple places so going to be the best places for these. Are there any distinguishing colors between the boards that I should pick up? Perhaps the colors of the boats?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Valrico
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Live for the moments you can't put into words
mbmbmbmbmb
They could easily be replaced by something small and round
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel C. Martinez
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I replaced mine with mini meeples and mini disks from Spielematerial. They are much more practical and the game looks much better.
It makes no difference in terms of game play rules and also makes the game less sexist ;)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wisser
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, I know "faith" is misspelled ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know the width of the discs it comes with?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Duncan
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The tokens are about the size of a dime, maybe a bit smaller. Meeplesource was at Dice Tower Con where the next printing was released and are putting together a pack of smaller meeples that replace the discs quite nicely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Barth
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
Eaduncan wrote:
The tokens are about the size of a dime, maybe a bit smaller. Meeplesource was at Dice Tower Con where the next printing was released and are putting together a pack of smaller meeples that replace the discs quite nicely.

Did they mention anything about a release day?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Duncan
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jbarth09 wrote:
Eaduncan wrote:

They are available now:

http://www.meeplesource.com/proddetail.php?prod=Burano
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Paradise
United States
Glassboro
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eaduncan wrote:
jbarth09 wrote:
Eaduncan wrote:

They are available now:

http://www.meeplesource.com/proddetail.php?prod=Burano

SOLD!!!

Many thanks for the update and link. I've been planning on doing this since I first saw the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reuven Fischer
United States
Bala Cynwyd
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I replaced the man/woman worker tokens with gender neutral mini meeples.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gruven_reuven wrote:
I replaced the man/woman worker tokens with gender neutral mini meeples.

Yep, me too. And they are "discounted" at Meeple Source at the moment. $13.77 shipped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reuven Fischer
United States
Bala Cynwyd
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked them up when I was at dicetower con last week... Meeple source was a vendor there. We just asked for a set of 13 mini-meeples in red, black, green, blue. They had to get them from there store the next day. Only charged us $13.

I think the meeples makes handling and identification easier (over the tokens) during game play. Perfect size for the lace tiles and schedule wheel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gruven_reuven wrote:
I picked them up when I was at dicetower con last week... Meeple source was a vendor there. We just asked for a set of 13 mini-meeples in red, black, green, blue. They had to get them from there store the next day. Only charged us $13.

I think the meeples makes handling and identification easier (over the tokens) during game play. Perfect size for the lace tiles and schedule wheel.

Probably a cost cutting measure in production, but you are right. This game screams meeple-me!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Barth
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just got my Meeple Source meeples delivered. Definitely should have come like this from the beginning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.