United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
These are actual production minis*, but with black bases (the ones you get in your boxes will be the same color as the mini itself).

*except Mr. Moneybags who is actually a T1 sample, rather than production level so he is slightly less refined than the real version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those look pretty damn good to me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well worth the wait!...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:
These are actual production minis*, but with black bases (the ones you get in your boxes will be the same color as the mini itself).

I prefer the black bases!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff wrote:
existoid wrote:

Actually, I do like the bases being black too, but I don't like seeing the color bar, so...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Mallow
msg tools
42!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:
Geoff wrote:
existoid wrote:

Actually, I do like the bases being black too, but I don't like seeing the color bar, so...

Nothing a little black paint/sharpie can't fix!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Mallow
msg tools
42!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mablet wrote:
existoid wrote:
Geoff wrote:
existoid wrote:

Sadness, I probably should have read the entire thread first. Oh well I'll be painting them eventually anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mablet wrote:
mablet wrote:
existoid wrote:
Geoff wrote:
existoid wrote:

Sadness, I probably should have read the entire thread first. Oh well I'll be painting them eventually anyway.

You would also prefer the black bases, instead of miniature color?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:
mablet wrote:
mablet wrote:
existoid wrote:
Geoff wrote:
existoid wrote:

Pretty sure everyone would (as long as it wouldn't delay production...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are all of the minis going to have the visible bar at the bottom? I haven't had that in other mini games I've backed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In memory of Tara, my beloved Wolfhound-Deerhound cross. Flew away Feb 2016, still missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Titeman wrote:
existoid wrote:

Pretty sure everyone would (as long as it wouldn't delay production...)

Pretty sure everyone wouldn't. It isn't a huge deal either way, but the black base with coloured tab is a bit jarring to my eyes...

Cheers,
Graham

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps a poll is in order!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
donnbobhardy wrote:
Are all of the minis going to have the visible bar at the bottom? I haven't had that in other mini games I've backed.

Not at all, because the bases will be the same color as the bar. This is sometimes called 'bar and slot' and it is pretty common for figures. When I go to China in August and take pics IN the factory with my own phone, you will see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:
donnbobhardy wrote:

Not at all, because the bases will be the same color as the bar. This is sometimes called 'bar and slot' and it is pretty common for figures. When I go to China in August and take pics IN the factory with my own phone, you will see.

Interesting. Myth is about the only game I've seen with it before. All of my other games with minis appear to have the base as part of the miniature.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
donnbobhardy wrote:
Interesting. Myth is about the only game I've seen with it before. All of my other games with minis appear to have the base as part of the miniature.

Scythe also has slotted minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff wrote:
donnbobhardy wrote:

Scythe also has slotted minis.

I'm sure there are others, but I haven't played them. I guess most of my minis are from the same company. I have a few mini games that aren't CMON, but not many.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Mallow
msg tools
42!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:
mablet wrote:
mablet wrote:
existoid wrote:
Geoff wrote:
existoid wrote:

Personally, I would like the black bases over miniature colored bases. If the tab had the same color as the mini and not the base I wouldn't be averse to coloring in just that portion until I get around to painting the entire game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Steelman
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
A nice thing about the black bases is that it reveals the lower part of the mini better. If it was a matching color then it would blend together into a solid color blob from 2-3' away (when it is actually sitting on the table). If you are going to paint them, then it isn't going to matter anyway because you will spray paint the whole thing a solid base color and then paint it whatever color you like.

The slot bar is noticeable but imo not a big deal. It's not like it would be invisible on a base where the color matched. It's obviously what is holding the mini on the base so it is functional and necessary.

the fact that there is a slot bar suggests the mini is hard plastic. Usually, when the pawn is all one piece it is soft/bendy plastic.

Also, if they had made the base part of the mold, it would have significantly limited the shape of the model. The model is poured liquid into a two plate mold. That mold has to be able to come apart again to release the model. Basically, games that have more elaborate models have separate bases.

I would be more interested in a base that had a texture, like cobblestone, than a base that matched in color. But to be clear, I'm not going to cry if you ship what I see in the pictures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Pinette
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mb
I also would prefer the black bases on the minis. I'm okay with the color line on the base. If it bothers me that much a little black paint will fix it, if I don't end up just painting my figures anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.