GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,657 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Merchants & Marauders» Forums » Rules

Subject: Using favors while drawing cargo cards during port action rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Conny S
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Lets say I draw 6 cargo cards during a port that have bananas in demand. I discard two bananas and pick two new cards, is it then ok to use a favor to get a whole new hand of cargo cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST:                The Crystal Caverns The Fearsome Foes The Mysterious Manor
badge
DV: Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him.                 AT: Then I will avenge his death.             DV: Revenge is not the Jedi way.         AT: I am no Jedi.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's the right time to use the Favor.

It replaces the entire draw, after first replacing any cargo that match the port's demand and/or any contraband cards that match the port.

What you cannot do is pull a few cards out to buy, then use the Favor to replace what's left.

EDIT: Misread your question slightly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conny S
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
What are favors? Is this something, perhaps, from the expansion? If so, could an admin please move this thread to the expansion page? Thanks.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/161167/merc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Yes, it's one of the modules from the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woelf wrote:

It replaces the entire draw, after first replacing any cargo that match the port's demand and/or any contraband cards that match the port.

What you cannot do is pull a few cards out to buy, then use the Favor to replace what's left.

How do you know that is correct?
Every time I do this I feel like it is way overpowered. Though we still play it this way, just looking for confirmations. whistle
What feels overpowered to me for example is when I'm wanting one certain type of cargo; draw 6, replace 4 due to normal rules, then use a favor to draw another six cards, means I have looked through 16 cards for the one I want.

Yes, this question is in the wrong forum. This post relates to the most awesome expansion ever made, Expansion: Seas of Glory. arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST:                The Crystal Caverns The Fearsome Foes The Mysterious Manor
badge
DV: Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him.                 AT: Then I will avenge his death.             DV: Revenge is not the Jedi way.         AT: I am no Jedi.
mbmbmbmbmb
mrmer1in wrote:
Woelf wrote:

How do you know that is correct?
I was one of the playtesters for the expansion.

Quote:
Every time I do this I feel like it is way overpowered. Though we still play it this way, just looking for confirmations. whistle
What feels overpowered to me for example is when I'm wanting one certain type of cargo; draw 6, replace 4 due to normal rules, then use a favor to draw another six cards, means I have looked through 16 cards for the one I want.
If you're looking for one card of a specific type of cargo it gives you a high chance of finding that cargo, but if you've just unloaded and are just looking for a new set of two or three of a kind, there's no guarantee you'll get anything more useful than what you tossed away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent thank you

Great to know we played it correctly all this time arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.