Subject: Really stupid question about passing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rory
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone, I apologize for what I'm sure is a really really dumb rules question, but I am a bit confused about passing and eligibility.

I understand that if a faction does not pass on a previous turn, then they are moved to the ineligible column. What I am confused about is the following circumstance:

-First eligible faction does not pass and chooses one of the "first eligible" actions

Is the second eligible faction required to perform the corresponding second eligible faction column action? Or are they allowed to pass? The rules seemed pretty clear to me that the second eligible faction can pass, but a YouTube playthrough I was watching made it sound like the second eligible faction is required to perform the corresponding action.

If the second eligible faction is indeed allowed to pass, then I assume that the next eligible faction has the same decision of either passing or performing the "second eligible" action?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodger Samuel
United States
Beaver Falls
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One can always Pass. I imagine the video was merely stressing that, if they choose to take an action, they must choose the corresponding second eligible faction option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier Renard
France
Saint-Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, as play go through faction order, any faction may pass and collect resources. So perhaps you misunderstood the playthrough, or the explanation was wrong

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boulou wrote:
Correct, as play go through faction order, any faction may pass and collect resources. So perhaps you misunderstood the playthrough, or the explanation was wrong

The playthrough demonstrated the first eligible faction (Directorio) taking the 1st Faction Operation (with special activity), and then said that the second eligible faction was required to take the 2nd Faction Limited Operation (or event)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier Renard
France
Saint-Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you provide the link to the playthrough and let us know at what time this occurred in the video?
It would be nice to let the author know about it to avoid more people being confused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Williams
England
Immingham
NE Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kind of linked to this theme, if the 1st and 2nd eligible factions both take actions do the 3rd and 4th eligible factions effectively pass and gain the benefits which go with this, or do they just wait for the next card to come into play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
They wait for the next card.

Per the 1st line of rule 2.3.3, a Faction is only allowed to Pass when it is 1st or 2nd Eligible.

Regards,
Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.