Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Mandelberg
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say that LW fighters must move 3 or 4 hexes. Is there a similar limitation for RAF fighters? Can they just loiter in their hex (without orbiting), even if they have vector orders to a different location?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Lury
United States
Blowing rock
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
don't have rules in front of me, but I think if they have vector orders, must proceed to destination

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mandelberg
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the rules are clear on that - but even if that's so - how many hexes per movement phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy C
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Robert L Howard (Medal of Honor recipient)
mbmbmbmbmb

8.1.3 Movement - fighters move up to 4 MP.

10.2.5 Target Hexes - must move 4 toward the target hex. But since you can change the target hex each turn, you can set the target hex 1, 2, or 3 hexes away to in effect move less than 4. [Unless using optional rule about failure to receive orders.

10.3.3 Patrol Lines - No requirement listed re movement so guess 8.1.3 applies.

10.3.4 Pancake - would want to move max each turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mandelberg
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That helps. For the Patrol line, I would interpret each endpoint to effectively be a target hex, so max movement required. For vector, I guess we just have to live with the gamey-ness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Borchers
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
For the Patrol line, I would interpret each endpoint to effectively be a target hex, so max movement required.

Really? I think (in reality) patrolling fighters would want to conserve fuel because they want to maximize their time on patrol, so that would mean using their best endurance speed as opposed to maximum speed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mandelberg
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure, but I believe that 4 hexes/5 min is their best endurance speed. Combat speed is accounted for by reducing endurance by 5 minutes for every 5 minutes of combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.