Subject: Great Experience at Board Game Republic in Denver rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.
mbmbmbmbmb
Board Game Republic is a brand-new board game cafe/pub in Denver, and I stopped by while I happened to be in the area. The interior design is sleek, with a relatively open feel, simple yet effective. The game shelves are centrally located right in the back of the front room, and I'm sure their collection will grow as the store's customer base does. I had been looking to learn Karuba for a while (I usually try to learn the SdJ nominees but often don't have a chance to because I mostly buy the games for my group), and a friendly employee taught me the rules and we played a round. The menu is relatively small, but my veggie panini was pretty good. The prices seem consistent with those of similar establishments. If you're in the area, I definitely recommend you check it out. To be honest, this just makes me sadder that my area doesn't have a board game cafe!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fiala
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a nice place - I dropped by last weekend with my young daughter (almost 5) and we had a fine time playing with the Rock-m-sock-m robots and connect 4, and then someone who works there helped us learn how to play Mister Fox, which was fun as well.

There's also a Lego wall, which my daughter and I enjoyed playing with for a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.