10 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: lieutenant should I get? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bucho Bucho
msg tools
mbmb
I'm thinking about giving buying a lieutenant a try, who should I get? Who shows up a lot in their campaign?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Bush
United States
West Decatur
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
At all cost
badge
"Some fights will just get you bloody"
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want a lieutenant for the model, get one that shows up in campaign a lot, otherwise, you want a lieutenant from another campaign so you can actually use him in the campaign you're doing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bucho Bucho
msg tools
mbmb
DanielFirestorm wrote:
If you want a lieutenant for the model, get one that shows up in campaign a lot...

Who would that be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Bush
United States
West Decatur
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
At all cost
badge
"Some fights will just get you bloody"
mbmbmbmbmb
Which campaign?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hammer
United States
Fort Worth
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I know that Splig is in the first mini campaign and Merick Farrow is in the first full campaign as they are both featured in the image for each campaign. I don't know whether other lieutenants show up in those campaigns as I haven't played them all the way through yet. I came to this thread hoping to find that answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Colpaert
Belgium
TEMSE
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the Lieutenant cards in the expansions the same as those in the lieutenant packs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
neo.colpaert wrote:
Are the Lieutenant cards in the expansions the same as those in the lieutenant packs?
No. Strange as it may sound, there actually are no lieutenant cards in the lieutenant packs. What the packs have are "agent" cards, which are similar to the lieutenants, except without attributes and having slightly different abilities to compensate for that. Agent cards only appear when bought and then summoned from the plot deck- they're never used as part of a quest setup.

In RtL, agents may also appear due to a Peril effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Colpaert
Belgium
TEMSE
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, thx a lot for the explanation, Paul.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hebert
United States
Petaluma
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can confirm from the expansions I own:

Shadow Rune (core game): Splig, Eliza Farrow, Merick Farrow, Eliza Farrow, Baron Zachareth, Belthir, Alric Farrow

Lair of the Wyrm: Valyndra, Splig

Trollfens: Bol'Goreth

Labyrinth of Ruin: Splig, Merick Farrow, Ariad, Queen Ariad*, Serena, Raythen, Alric Farrow
*Quest Finale Encounter

Splig shows up a lot in Labyrinth of Ruin, and only in 1 or 2 quests for Lair of the Wyrm. Merick Farrow has a few quests in Ruin; Serena/Raythen will only see Lieutenant play if they aren't rescued in their Ruin quests.

The only lieutenant I own is Splig, but I haven't had a chance to OL with him yet. I bought him for thematic reasons, as I like the "little" goblin and have used him for RPG games I GM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bucho Bucho
msg tools
mbmb
DanielFirestorm wrote:
Which campaign?

I'm only lacking the trollfens at this point and will likely end up impulse buying it in the near future and am playing SoN, KF and MoR at the moment so I think that question isn't actually relevant. I'm thinking it comes down to who shows up the most.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.