Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Join us for our next Kickstarter in the coming months... The World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch from CoolMiniOrNot and Guillotine Games.
The World of Smog: Rise of Moloch is a Victorian adventure board game, for 2 to 5 players, set in an alternate England, where magic and technology have taken an extraordinary turn. Playable as a campaign or solo adventures, Rise of Moloch puts one player in the position of the Nemesis, against the intrepid Gentlemen controlled by the other players trying to save the Crown. Secretly activate the order of your characters through different scenarios, enjoy your steam power weapons, and save your special actions for the most opportune moments - you surely don't want to make your opponent stronger!

Will this integrate with the other game at all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rush
msg tools
Probably not directly integrate, but there might be some type of crossover allowing you to use components from OHMS in RoM. OHMS isn't an overly popular game so there might not be, depends on how successful RoM is, and they may want to entice people to get OHMS at retail to get the crossover characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Tonino
msg tools
mbmb
I highly doubt it. Here's a preview;
http://croiseechimeres.blogspot.nl/2015/05/world-of-smog-ris...

It looks to be another miniature skirmish game, which I'm happy with. But completely different from the existing WoS game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, World of Smog is a license, just like Warhammer and whatnot, it's really unlikely that anything integrates with one-another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Lieberoth
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tonijn wrote:
I highly doubt it. Here's a preview;
http://croiseechimeres.blogspot.nl/2015/05/world-of-smog-ris...

It looks to be another miniature skirmish game, which I'm happy with. But completely different from the existing WoS game.

Yeah, looks like a mini skirmish / dungeon crawler with lots of plastic - the kind CMoN are experts at pushing on Kickstarter. The review gives a sense of a slightly more varied scenario based gameplay than how Massive Darkness comes across, which is good, but it looks like hacking-and-looting at its core. I hope there's more to it - just some interesting choices or story-driven elements beyond what to hack first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it me or are all of CMON's games slowly becoming the same?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
Is it me or are all of CMON's games slowly becoming the same?

Slowly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan M
United States
Pleasant Hill
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was there any info at GenCon on this?
Any live streams that detailed the game?

Considering it is CMoN's next KS game I figured they'd be talking the game up a bit at the biggest game fair. I feel like I'm one of like 12 people excited for the game.

EDIT: I'm also surprised there's no BGG page yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Tonino
msg tools
mbmb
Hehe I feel exactly the same. There's some nice pictures on facebook, which can be more easily found here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/boardgames/comments/4w7deq/the_next...

But yea, there's a complete lack of hype. Despite this looking so much more interesting than Massive Darkness to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
DrunkDwarves wrote:

Considering it is CMoN's next KS game I figured they'd be talking the game up a bit at the biggest game fair. I feel like I'm one of like 12 people excited for the game.

Not really. The game was in their display box, but just like last year's World of Smog, I think this one is their 'take a break and kick back' Kickstarter release that won't garner the craziness that their other games do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
Tonijn wrote:
Hehe I feel exactly the same. There's some nice pictures on facebook, which can be more easily found here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/boardgames/comments/4w7deq/the_next...

But yea, there's a complete lack of hype. Despite this looking so much more interesting than Massive Darkness to me.

Yeah those're shots from their display case at GenCon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This makes me sad. World of Smog was the most unique game in CMON's library and they changed it into another dungeon crawl with minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ran Carnelaine
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
☆Free the winds☆
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
This makes me sad. World of Smog was the most unique game in CMON's library and they changed it into another dungeon crawl with minis.

I agree... I like the theme and weirdness of it, but won't be backing this one if it's just another large minis game. But that's okay, I can save all my money for Rising Sun next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chantal Noordeloos
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrunkDwarves wrote:

I'm baffled by how little information there is about this one! I thought it was going to be an August Kickstarter release. Seriously doubt that now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan M
United States
Pleasant Hill
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:

Hopefully it is just one out of many more games set in Smog!

What I am getting is more of a tactical skirmish vibe with some RPG elements. It is tough to read the Google Translated post from the French player linked above, but it seems like pretty specific scenarios with clear objectives from the beginning rather than an exploration kill the baddie game.

At least I'm hoping it is a bit more narrative than a dungeon crawl.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mirlitho -
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The french review is very positive about the RPG side of this game :
- striking ambiance even a the begining of the first game ;
- different characters and roles with really specific powers ;
- missions with multiple objectives ;
- Xps ;
- and a campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Shinall
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

The Rise of Moloch page has been set-up, if you guys want to check it out:

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/209324/world-smog-rise-m...

And feel free to post any questions you might have there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.