Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Webster
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Tech & BoardGaming Nerd
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really a rules question, but I noticed an oddity on chart "[E1] Encounter Chart" when I rolled a Lifeguard mission while playing last night.

The two non-regional encounter columns ("Additional Round of Combat" and "Special Mission") have a die roll entry labeled "2 or less" which is unique among these types of charts (all of the others are simply labeled "2"). This struck me as odd because the only drm for this chart is +1 for 1942-1943 for additional rounds of combat, making anything less than 2 impossible and even an actual (modified) dice roll of 2 impossible in those two years.

I'm wondering if the drm was meant to be -1 in 1941-1942. I couldn't find any errata on this so maybe it is as intended but it still seems odd. Any thoughts?

[edit: changed the referenced date range per the correction identified below]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Smith
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Dave,

You're absolutely right, the 42/43 drm should be a -1 instead of a +1.

Can't believe nobody's picked up on that before...including us. Doh. Consider that part of the official errata until we update it (haven't had any in months now.)

Greg
Game Designer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Webster
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Tech & BoardGaming Nerd
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice to get a fast response from the designer - thanks! I suspect that the superscripted 1 on the 12 die roll on the Special Mission column of the same chart may also be an error. According to 7.4.8 random events don't occur in the mission travel box and I don't believe that column is used elsewhere.

Btw, I really enjoy the game. It brings me back to playing B-17 when I was stationed in Germany in the '80s.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sturmer wrote:
Hey Dave,

You're absolutely right, the 42/43 drm should be a -1 instead of a +1.

Can't believe nobody's picked up on that before...including us. Doh. Consider that part of the official errata until we update it (haven't had any in months now.)

Greg
Game Designer

OK, now I'm confused. You guys keep talking about the modifier 42/43. But All I see on the chart is the +1 modifier for 41/42 ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Webster
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Tech & BoardGaming Nerd
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh - yeah, I fat-fingered the dates. We are referring to the 1941-42 +1 (now -1) drm. I'll edit the original post to avoid confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CaseyN60 wrote:
Heh - yeah, I fat-fingered the dates. We are referring to the 1941-42 +1 (now -1) drm. I'll edit the original post to avoid confusion.

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Hourglass Realm D&D 5e Play by Forum (PbF) Campaign DM (we'd love to have you join us!)
badge
U.S.S. Tautog (SSN 639) doing an emergency blow with me on it (see profile for details)
mbmbmbmbmb
Good catch Dave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.