Hide
7 Posts

Runewars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Various questions AFTER our game night! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Day Life
msg tools
Ok, had our game last night... got absolutely thrashed!! lol..oh well. I Guess next game I will do better.

Anyway, we have a few questions / confirmations that I would like to run by you guys.

1) You can only recruit troops onto the board through the Strongholds, right? So you can not recruit into your home tiles either, unless you have a Stronghold there?

2) As Heroes move around the map, they allow you to look at the Dragon Runes at any tile they stop in?

3) A little confused about Heroes who assist in combat. They only allow you to draw a extra fate card for one of your models / rows. They do not take wounds, or rout, or count as an extra model of that type? If you retreat they rout like the rest of the surviving units.

4) The "Flesh Ripper Ability" reads "each of your fresh rippers has three health until the end of the round". The wording of this means that even if it triggers more than once it is always "set to three". So the health buff dose not stack for each trigger.

5) A hero can only quest in the quest phase during then 2nd month but can move at any time during a turn using 1 of the three movement cards?

5a) During the quest phase, a hero can only do these things. "Move / Quest", "Heal" or "Train". If you heal or train you can not quest, but you can quest without moving. Also you can only resolve one quest per-quest round per hero. Each player get to active ALL his heroes one at a time during the quest phase.

6) Many season cards adjusted how your action cards worked. You DO select action cards AFTER the season card is turned over and resolved?

7) All "influence bids" the players need to state how mush influence they have at the start, and can always bid zero if they choose. If there is a tie, even at zero, then the player with the largest pool of influence wins, if that is a tie, then the player with the highest printed influence on their faction board.

8) If the fate deck runs out before the season to reshuffle, you just reshuffle.

9) If you have routed units in a area with unrouted troops and their is a battle there and you lose, do the routed units get destroyed (as they can not move, or even join the battle) or do they retreat with the rest of the army.

I think that is it... thanks for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liz Burton
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll answer the ones I remember off the top of my head!

1) Correct
2) Correct
3) Correct. Two heroes could buff two different unit types.
4) Correct.
5) Don't recall; the expansion also gave the heroes another opportunity to move. I'm sure someone else will chime in.
6) Definitely select your action after resolving the primary and secondary season abilities.
7) Correct (90% certain on this one).
8) Correct

I think you have a pretty good handle on the rules already!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Life
msg tools
Thanks.. I added a 9th question while you were replaying! lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike m
United States
palisades park
nj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
agree with all of Liz's answers.

5) Correct.
5a) Correct.
7) Correct, unless someone holds the primarch title, then they would decide the winner or loser of bids that are tied.
9) Destroyed.

You definitely have the rules down!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Life
msg tools
SirWashington wrote:
DayinDaLife wrote:
9) If you have routed units in a area with unrouted troops and their is a battle there and you lose, do the routed units get destroyed (as they can not move, or even join the battle) or do they retreat with the rest of the army.

9) Destroyed.

Just to be 100% clear... if you enter a zone with enemy or neutral routed units, a battle dose technically happen, but none of the routed units can join the battle. So you basically automatically win, but routed units that did not participate in the battle can not retreat, so they are instantly killed. Though as a battle "kinda" happens any tactics that use a battle trigger can still be cast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano G.
Italy
Lana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
DayinDaLife wrote:
SirWashington wrote:
DayinDaLife wrote:

9) Destroyed.

Just to be 100% clear... if you enter a zone with enemy or neutral routed units, a battle dose technically happen, but none of the routed units can join the battle. So you basically automatically win, but routed units that did not participate in the battle can not retreat, so they are instantly killed. Though as a battle "kinda" happens any tactics that use a battle trigger can still be cast.

I'd be careful with the "automatically win" assumption - the defender can still do some nasty stuff.

For instance, if you bring in just a couple units with the assumption of "I'll win", and they play Summon Lightning, it would kill your units, and the defender would win. (What's more, since the defender's routed units weren't in the battle, they would be unaffected by the card!!)

It's much EASIER to win those battles, but be careful about being overconfident

With #2, one other thing to note - Heroes can look at any dragon rune tokens in areas they MOVE through as well; not just the one they end their move in.

With #7, just to add to Mike's comment - if someone has the Primarch card, they always choose who wins ties, even if they weren't one of the tied players. It can be a very powerful card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.