Massive Darkness» Forums » General

Subject: Your wishlist for the inevitable Massive Darkness Season 2 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benji T
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CMON has an awesome track record of taking fans' ideas and making them plastic reality. In view of such awesomeness, i want to start a thread for us (me) to proclaim loudly what we (i) want to have in MD2.

Given how unoriginal my ideas already are, i hope it's okay to add some/most/all of your awesome ideas to my wishlist.

HEROES
- Orc/goblin/ratling/reptisaurian
- Outcast demon (half-demon?)
- Halfling
- Elemental (half-elemental?)
- Angel of some kind... something with wings
- Were-somethings
- Young kid

HERO CLASSES
- Monk
- Necromancer (perhaps too similar to sorcerer?)
- Druid
- Trap setting person

MOBS
- Elves (be they regular or dark)
- Ghouls
- Skeletons (melee)

ROAMERS
- Elf/dwarf/human
- Unicorn
- Dragon (living or undead... or one of each)
- Vampire
- Lich
- Giant skeleton

GAMEPLAY STUFF
- Random map generation
- Endgame bosses --> something representing the Darkness perhaps?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
My wishlist for MD Season 2:

1) Less whining & moaning & bitching in the comments & at BGG from hordes of people crawling out of the woodwork simply to loudly & repeatedly proclaim how much they aren't impressed & how they would never play it & how they don't understand why anyone would ever care about such an obviously dumb game.

(Because hey: It's only the 2nd-highest-grossing KS that CMON has ever run, therefore it's probably a totally terrible mess, right?)

That is pretty much my list.
Anything beyond that is gravy.

Alright here's another:
2) A cat for the unicorn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
- Random map generation. Wouldn't be hard, just give us a deck of cards with the map segments on them.
- Endgame bosses. Roaming monsters are fun, but a few big end of quest encounters would be better.
- Tiles with big rooms on them.
- Furniture, even if its just tokens we place on the map. Maybe they contain treasure, maybe they provide cover, maybe they block one square edge.
- Less '4 miniatures in a box' add-ons and more 'game expansion' addons, including cards, board segments and extra missions.
- Less Roaming Monster stretch goals. It's just too many.
- More Heroes. What happened to all the awesome hero characters that get added to your kickstarters? Part of what made them fun were the cameo characters that gave backers something cool but were also clearly not content 'missing' from the base game.
- Expanded campaign system (depending on what we see in the 'story mode' rules section).
- Seriously, less Roaming Monsters.
- Stretch goals that include things like new equipment cards and the like.
- Spells. Even if they are just equipment that use the magic dice. It's weird that all magical abilities come from staves or wands. I don't know, maybe these are in the game already, we didn't get a very good preview of what was included in the item cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bolles
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
"Yeah, yeah...I know...y-you're Bane. But you...I think you...forgot...
badge
...I'm Batman!"
mbmbmbmbmb
One word: DRAGON!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji T
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
My wishlist for MD Season 2:

1) Less whining & moaning & bitching in the comments & at BGG from hordes of people crawling out of the woodwork simply to loudly & repeatedly proclaim how much they aren't impressed & how they would never play it & how they don't understand why anyone would ever care about such an obviously dumb game.

Oh yeah, that too, haha. I'm still scratching my head over that. If someone isn't impressed with a crowdfunding campaign, why whine so much about it? Not like someone else is taking their money throw at CMON. I'm pretty sure i'm throwing my own money.

Nonetheless, let's keep this thread about postive things we like and want! There is enough negativity on BGG as it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc
United States
Howell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
Werebeast hero cards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C.
United States
Puyallup
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are a couple long shots..

"Night King" from Game of Thrones, or something similar to him.

The Cow King from Diablo 2.

I know they have done parodies from their other Zombicide games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PA Jacques
Canada
Rouyn-noranda
QC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Roaming monster:

Gelatinous cube
Rust monster
Were porcupine ... they're bad asses
Dracolich
Giant skeleton
Vampire

Monsters

shuaguin ... along with underground river/lake tiles

Make a hero with a crossbow, kinda like a demon hunter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Busha
China
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More Monstrous Heroes

Pet Classes

Trap Classes

Monk

I'm sure it'll be hated, but even more Roaming Monsters.

Varied Missions to take advantage of said Roaming Monsters.

Cards? Probably?

Hard to say without playing what else needs tweaks, but I'd be happy with just having pet classes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
zethnar wrote:
- Random map generation. Wouldn't be hard, just give us a deck of cards with the map segments on them.

You'd still have to figure out how to connect them, which doesn't work freely. I don't think that's the best match for this game, personally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not another dozen or more roaming monsters... we got enough of those, really!

The interesting stuff:

Expand the game! Campaigns. Better thought-out classes. Expanded Story Mode.

Also... some clever way to get rid of those stupid pad sheets.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Fernandez
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait.. we haven't even played the game yet. Is the Kickstarter campaign the game already?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pad sheets can easily be dispatched by an app. but I think it would loose lot's of its fun. The pad sheets remind of the good'ol Heroquest.... ahhh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Schaaf
Germany
Hamburg
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the heroes I’d like to see:
- Druid Shapeshifter
- Summoner

Roamers/Mobs
- Undeads (Skeletons, Zombies, Wights, Ghosts)
- Vampire
- Gelantinous Cube
- Dark Elves
- Basilisks
- Wyvern
- Treants

New mechanics for boss fights and of course some fitting bosses:
- Dragons
- Dracolich
- Daemon

And finally an art and fluff book that describes the world and races of MD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wishlist for Massive Darkness 2:

That they wait until people have season 1 in hand, have had time to play it a lot, and feedback before they get too far in to planning season 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Livett
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want a crossover pack for Zombicide: Black Plague 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud Dejardin
France
Ferrère-La-Grande
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
-Moar equipment cards
-Moar missions and quests
-Spell cards (utility spells mainly)
-Shapeshifter hero class
-wolf or other animal master
-Mechanical class (a little steampunk)
-Really different mobs with immunities to physical damages (gelatinous monsters, skelettons), shooting damages (treants) or to magic ones (demons).
-Dragon(s)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pickard
Canada
Oakville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Way more female enemies! Harpies, Amazons, demonesses, Medusa, etc.

I have no problem with the number of roamers (they look amazing, have interesting impacts on the game, and will be so fun to paint!) but would like a few more mobs as they are more frequently encountered.

On top of the increased number of female baddies, I'd like to see more variety in the enemies (fewer humanoids in particular)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
zethnar wrote:

You'd still have to figure out how to connect them, which doesn't work freely. I don't think that's the best match for this game, personally.

Not really, just connect the corridors or leave it up to the person that drew the card, same with doors etc. It's not too big of an ask for people to just be reasonable, especially if they are the kind of person that would look for a decent random experience.

Having said that, it wouldn't be too hard to just pull 4 or 5 random tiles out the stack, throw them down and go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bailey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
suppose for a moment, that Massive Darkness Season 2 invokes a new mode of play called "Winner Take All", where all heroes are actually seeking to acquire the most gold and treasure, so that there is a definitive winner at the end.

And as a result, YOU get the ability to control roaming monsters, either as part of your turn or through spending experience, loot cards, etc. Send the monsters to attack your enemies, or at least get them away from YOU so that your "teammates" don't send them back towards you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjy Simpson
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Without playing yet, I can only speculate - but that's more fun!
I second the opinion that I wish they would add a way to randomize setup and have more of a quest like feel with end game monsters. I think it was a slight miss not to include a card with a small quest for each roaming monster. Could have been fun!

I very much enjoyed the ratio of heroes to roaming monsters. There are plenty of heroes. I want more variability and the roaming monsters do that. My only ask would be that next time they include different types. The vast majority of roamers were bipedal humanoids. I love the ideas of giant spiders and such.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven R
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
zethnar wrote:
- Endgame bosses. Roaming monsters are fun, but a few big end of quest encounters would be better.
- Tiles with big rooms on them.
- Furniture, even if its just tokens we place on the map. Maybe they contain treasure, maybe they provide cover, maybe they block one square edge.
- Less '4 miniatures in a box' add-ons and more 'game expansion' addons, including cards, board segments and extra missions.
- Less Roaming Monster stretch goals. It's just too many.
- More Heroes. What happened to all the awesome hero characters that get added to your kickstarters? Part of what made them fun were the cameo characters that gave backers something cool but were also clearly not content 'missing' from the base game.
- Expanded campaign system (depending on what we see in the 'story mode' rules section).
- Seriously, less Roaming Monsters.
- Stretch goals that include things like new equipment cards and the like.
- Spells. Even if they are just equipment that use the magic dice. It's weird that all magical abilities come from staves or wands. I don't know, maybe these are in the game already, we didn't get a very good preview of what was included in the item cards.

Like the 'big room tile' idea.
Like the 'furniture' idea.
Like the 'spells' idea...magic dice.

I would add the idea of 'thematic' campaign expansions...which would include map tiles, some additional miniatures & materials, as well as scenarios...something like 'Lair of the Rattlings' using special tiles with cave or hut dwellings within a large cavernous opening...or the Reptosaurus having an expansive jungle/swamp setting for their village along the lines of Edgar Rice Burrough's Pellucidar type setting only in a medieval fantasy world. Maybe an abandoned city protected by Gargoyles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crabbok wrote:
suppose for a moment, that Massive Darkness Season 2 invokes a new mode of play called "Winner Take All", where all heroes are actually seeking to acquire the most gold and treasure, so that there is a definitive winner at the end.

And as a result, YOU get the ability to control roaming monsters, either as part of your turn or through spending experience, loot cards, etc. Send the monsters to attack your enemies, or at least get them away from YOU so that your "teammates" don't send them back towards you!

You would essentially have Arcadia Quest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nutt
United Kingdom
Linlithgow
West Lothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crabbok wrote:

As the person above me said, it's Arcadia Quest you want to play, not Massive Darkness. Massive Darkness is simply not a PVP game, if you want PVP with mobs play Rum & Bones or Arcadia Quest.

No point in making an entirely new game mode to turn Massive Darkness into something it's not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J O
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Heroes:

1 Perhaps a Shape-Shifter hero and class?
2 A Hero and class with a pet (Druid).
3 Wish Lil' Ned was a true Half-Giant (sorry had to say it).

Monsters:

1 More actual "creatures" like a giant snake (i.e. less bipeds).
2 Wider variety of poses and unique weapons.
3 We have the beholder, how about a gelatinous cube.
4 Lich and/or Wraith.
5 Mind Flayer (love the "Overseer" as their take on a Beholder).
6 Oh, and no more pointy hats!

Game Design:

1 Improved dashboard (despise the class sheets).
2 Town phase for Story Mode, extend the replay ability factor.
3 Randomize the dungeon for that exploring the unknown feel.
4 Greater variety of map tiles and bigger rooms.
5 More props like the pillars (i.e. statue, fountain, trap, etc).
6 Quests with variable rewards, not just weapons or armor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.