Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Yardmaster Express» Forums » General

Subject: July 7- image link question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Is it just an error on my data link or is this popping up with wrong game title and picture for anyone else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yardmaster Express and Backyard Builders Treehouse are the same exact game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didn't know that. If it's merely a difference in artwork, why did it list as Yardmaster Express up until this week?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
When there's a newer English edition, the default title/image change to the newer edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
emily
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It doeen't seem like the same game to me if it has different art and a different name - but that is just my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
It's a different game. Cards are different sizes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Apparently the game designer and BGG admin agree it is the same game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christy Love
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely ridiculous that they would consider it the same game. Name's different, art's different and cards are different... someone is probably hallucinating or just made an obvious mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Name, publisher, card art, card size, fancier components = same game entry.

It would need to have different rules/game play for it to be considered for a separate entry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B.
United States
Nashua
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread is surreal to me. I only consider a game different if it has different rules. Backyard Builders Treehouse is just a retheme of Yardmaster Express. In my world (and BGG's, and the designer's, and...) it's the same game.

I actually think it would be ridiculous to not list it as the same game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B.
United States
Nashua
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
getchristylove wrote:
Absolutely ridiculous that they would consider it the same game. Name's different, art's different and cards are different... someone is probably hallucinating or just made an obvious mistake.

Not ridiculous, and not an obvious mistake, and nobody's hallucinating.

Yahtzee comes with a handful of white dice. If the company that mass produces Yahtzee releases a version with a handful of black dice instead and calls it Spahtzee, you must think that Spahtzee deserves its own unique page on BGG? I disagree, and so does BGG.

PS You may have misheard about the cards being different in Backyard Builders Treehouse. Different artwork, yes, but the deck of cards used to draft is functionally identical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christy Love
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries, I will just never purchase anything from this designer/publisher again. Changes like that messes up my bookkeeping/listing which drives me absolutely crazy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you select the version you have from the version list (under My Games), the title and image for that version will be the one that shows in your collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
indigopotter wrote:
If you select the version you have from the version list (under My Games), the title and image for that version will be the one that shows in your collection.

Thanks, Indigo!

I never meant to create a can of worms, I was genuinely confused...as possibly Christy and others were.

Christy,
I've met the game designer. Nice guy.
I won't penalize my purchase options over this, especially as Indigo points out a solution.

Val
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Hartwell
England
Billericay
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:

It would need to have different rules/game play for it to be considered for a separate entry.

Im sure ive seen a few others that haven't followed this rule, e.g. Ticket To Ride 10th Anniversary (unless there are rule changes I haven't noticed).

For me this feels like a different entry as a total rename and retheme

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
helpme1986 wrote:
indigopotter wrote:

Im sure ive seen a few others that haven't followed this rule, e.g. Ticket To Ride 10th Anniversary (unless there are rule changes I haven't noticed).

For me this feels like a different entry as a total rename and retheme

TTR 10th Anniversary contains material from an expansion. That's what gives it the separate entry, not the fancy components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.