Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Fardette
United States
Lawrenceville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Egyptian campaign, the enemy counterattacked into Alexandria, but the combat was inconclusive and the die roll was Encamp, so both sides kept forces in the area at the end of the turn.

1. Is this still a French controlled city, or is the campaign over? With an intact garrison it is hard to fathom a lost city; this seems more like a siege situation.

2. If dual control, do the French/enemy roll for resupply?

3. Am I reading the victory conditions correctly, in that the normal 'control all victory locations' does not apply, and victory is solely based on unit survival, holding Alexandria and the possible conquest of Acre?

Thanks!

Edit-Never mind, the updated rules clarify... I lose!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Logs
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently got the game but no table time yet. My understanding from reading the rules was the same, have to hold it all by your French self. But there may have been special exemptions I'm not aware of. I believe this campaign feedback is that it is very difficult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jfardette wrote:
In the Egyptian campaign, the enemy counterattacked into Alexandria, but the combat was inconclusive and the die roll was Encamp, so both sides kept forces in the area at the end of the turn.

1. Is this still a French controlled city, or is the campaign over? With an intact garrison it is hard to fathom a lost city; this seems more like a siege situation.

2. If dual control, do the French/enemy roll for resupply?

3. Am I reading the victory conditions correctly, in that the normal 'control all victory locations' does not apply, and victory is solely based on unit survival, holding Alexandria and the possible conquest of Acre?

Thanks!

Edit-Never mind, the updated rules clarify... I lose!

What a bad situation...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Cockburn
United Kingdom
Sleaford
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jfardette wrote:

As I understand the rules, this was indeed a loss. The loss condition is if you don't hold Alexandria a the end of every Campaign Turn. The enemy enter the map at the beginning of a turn, but you don't battle them until after the move phase. There is then a forced move phase and another potential battle. But I'm assuming from your description that there were surviving enemy forces at this point who had initially retreated but moved back into Alexandria on the enemy movement phase. Then there is the final 'resolve battle' phase of the turn and sadly a withdrawal resulting in 'encamp' leaves you not holding the city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.