Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Shadowrun: Crossfire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can 'Reveal'ing force a reshuffle? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Maertz
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
1 - Can you reveal more cards than are still in your deck by reshuffling? Or are you out of luck?

Unrelated question: We played Extraction 3 player. The Extraction card says to use all the normal rules of Crossfire.
We were unsure if it was referring to the mission, "Crossfire" or the rules of the game itself...Crossfire.
This mattered because the Crossfire mission says if you play with 3 players to not draw a Crossfire card (too many Crossfire words!) round 1.

2 - So...if you play Extraction 3 player do you draw a Crossfire card round 1?

3 - When playing Crazy Katie's Towing mission can Wreck cards chain into more Wreck cards? The wording was a bit odd. IE Do Obstacles flipped from Wrecks come from the Highway deck or the normal deck?

Wakrob
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
To share my understanding (but would welcome someone either backing up or discussing ).

CptBlood wrote:
1 - Can you reveal more cards than are still in your deck by reshuffling? Or are you out of luck?


If I understand your question, I believe there are two scenarios:
- You play a card like Guiding Spirit (Discard and redraw that many cards) in which case you discard your hand, draw from your deck back up to the same number - reshuffling the discard if necessary to hit the required number.
- You are hit by an obstacle, or play a card (e.g. deathtouch) which specifically uses the phase "from the top of your deck", in which case you are limited to how many cards are left in your draw pile.

CptBlood wrote:
Unrelated question: We played Extraction 3 player. The Extraction card says to use all the normal rules of Crossfire.
We were unsure if it was referring to the mission, "Crossfire" or the rules of the game itself...Crossfire.
This mattered because the Crossfire mission says if you play with 3 players to not draw a Crossfire card (too many Crossfire words!) round 1.
2 - So...if you play Extraction 3 player do you draw a Crossfire card round 1?


Its actually secret option number three - that phase is used under the header 'Obstacles and Crossfire' so refers to using the normal rules of the crossfire deck - i.e. draw a new crossfire card at the start of the first runner's turn.

There are no rules for fewer players in Extraction - you always draw a crossfire card!

CptBlood wrote:
3 - When playing Crazy Katie's Towing mission can Wreck cards chain into more Wreck cards? The wording was a bit odd. IE Do Obstacles flipped from Wrecks come from the Highway deck or the normal deck?


I play as though all cards which are drawn from flipping at the start of the round, including those extra from wrecks, come from the highway deck - the only cards which are drawn from the 'standard' decks are those caused by other events, such as crossfire cards.
This does mean you can end up with a lost of obstacles at the start of a round yes

Hope that helps, and I am happy to be corrected!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Maertz
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
Thanks for the answers.

The card I was thinking of might be from an expansion? (not my game)

The card is a Spell/Skill combo card (Divination?) that says to reveal two cards from your deck, discard one and put the other back on top of your deck.

So if you dont have two cards left in your deck to pull this off.....reshuffle discard pile if you need more?

Wakrob
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Simpson
msg tools
As far as I am aware, whenever you are told to draw/reveal cards where you do not have enough in your draw pile, you draw as many as you can then shuffle your discard for the rest. There are some cards that specifically state that you should not shuffle your discard (a couple of obstacles that make you discard from the top of your deck, can't remember names now).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Black
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
1 - Yes, revealing can force a reshuffle. There are few cases where it can't but they specifically state that it works differently. For instance, there's an upgrade that lets you always look at the top card of your deck but can't be used to force a reshuffle.

2 - I think they mean the game, Crossfire. Agreed on over use of the word!

3 - I believe either the High Caliber Ops rulebook or the mission card tells you where wrecks pull cards from in the Crazy Kate mission. If I remember correctly it's from the highway deck.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.