6 Posts

Gloom» Forums » Rules

Subject: New player question about Story Icons rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
B. Frias
msg tools
Hello,

I actually have the Munchkin version of this game, but the forum is a ghost town over there, so I don't have exact examples of cards available.

When a card states "[do something] for each [story icon] in play including this one". Does that mean "in play" of the whole game (on each player) or just the Story Icons in the family (or group).

Additionally,would dead characters count in that count of story icons?

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Smith
Netherlands
Helmond
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Short of a more specific context, I would interpret that as all of that particular item in play in any family, not just yours. Also, icons on dead characters definitely count for that sort of thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. Frias
msg tools
Great Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Nehrbass
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Hey gunslinger!

If you'd like more Gloom we have a Kickstarter going for Gloom: Digital Edition! We're on the final weekend! Any support is appreciated! - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1894005741/gloom-digita...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaroslav Špičák
msg tools
In the 2nd rules is written : When an Untimely Death is played on
a Character, set aside that Character
card along with all the cards that have
been played on it.

So understood this, the dead charakter is not more in the game
but out of game with all cards puted on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Smith
Netherlands
Helmond
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Forestal wrote:
In the 2nd rules is written : When an Untimely Death is played on
a Character, set aside that Character
card along with all the cards that have
been played on it.

So understood this, the dead charakter is not more in the game
but out of game with all cards puted on them.

I'm pretty sure the story icons of dead characters are explicitly included as still part of the game in the rules. At least in Cthulhu Gloom (which is the version of the game that first included a major mechanic based on how many of each icon you controlled) if not in the regular version.

Also, there are many different cards which explicitly can be played on an already dead character, so stating that they're out of the game is simply not true. They may be put aside to make clear that they're dead, but they are very much still a part of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.