6 Posts

Scythe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Factory Card Movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dobby
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm reading through the rules right now, waiting for my copy to arrive! I'm a little confused on the Factory movement. Do you have to pay the cost to move, or is the cost only associated with the top-row action?

Thanks! Can't wait to play this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Top and bottom row actions are totally separate. The cost of the top (if any) gives you only the benefit of the top and the cost of the bottom (if any) gives you only the benefit of the bottom.
You may execute the top row action without the bottom one and vice versa.

As such the movement on all factory cards is free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the same as any section of your player mat: You may take the top action, the bottom action, or the top action then the bottom action. The top and bottom actions are completely independent of each other, so if there's a cost on the top action, it's only a cost for the top action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
It's the same as any section of your player mat: You may take the top action, the bottom action, or the top action then the bottom action. The top and bottom actions are completely independent of each other, so if there's a cost on the top action, it's only a cost for the top action.

I was wondering about this myself. Since the top action is optional, let's say I have no coins.

With no coins, can I still choose a mat section with a top section that costs coins (which I skip), and a bottom section that costs resources (which I perform)?

*edit* This seems pretty clear but I just wanted to double-check while thinking about it. I got confused because of the "PAYMENT IS REQUIRED" section on page 13, thinking you needed to have the top requirements available, even if you didn't use them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GAFBlizzard wrote:
With no coins, can I still choose a mat section with a top section that costs coins (which I skip), and a bottom section that costs resources (which I perform)?

Yes.

You have three choices when performing actions:
A) Perform top action only
B) Perform bottom action only
C) Perform top action, then bottom action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
claudermilk wrote:
GAFBlizzard wrote:

Yes.

You have three choices when performing actions:
A) Perform top action only
B) Perform bottom action only
C) Perform top action, then bottom action.
Technically there is a fourth option: Do neither.
Of course that is barely ever a good choice since even if the ideal action is the same one you performed last turn you should still be able to pick another action that has some benefit to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.