Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Kidder
United States
Martensdale
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only ask because of saxony's power and because of the fact that the objectives deck is left on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremy: Currently there isn't. We put the deck on the board because it's possible that future expansion factions will be able to draw new objectives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When it comes time for a big box expansion, you guys should consider a cooperative mode. It worked really well for Orleans and euro-cooperatives are an under explored genre. Plus you've already got the automa master on staff.

It could be sort of a tower defense varient where you have to protect the factory and ward off invaders. Maybe the mysterious factory creators return to reclaim their home but now they've got more powerful weaponry than anything we've seen. Or maybe they were aliens who created mechs in the hopes that humanity would wipe itself out but now that the countries are living in relative peace they've come back to finish the job haha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jimmy! I don't know if we'll ever do a big box expansion, as I'd like to keep expansions affordable, but the cooperative idea is intriguing. I think it's actually possible to play that way already using the Automa cards, though there isn't an official variant for that yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I respect that. I think it's possible to offer a lot and still keep things reasonably affordable. Just look at Tuscany, sure it costs a bit more than your usual expansion but its price to value is undeniable. That's part of why it's widely considered one of the "GREATEST EXPANSIONS EVER."

Whatever you guys do I'm sure it'll be interesting and well designed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Thanks Jimmy! I don't know if we'll ever do a big box expansion, as I'd like to keep expansions affordable, but the cooperative idea is intriguing. I think it's actually possible to play that way already using the Automa cards, though there isn't an official variant for that yet.

I posted a variant that allows both competitive and coop play with any number of humans and Automas.

It hasn't undergone proper playtesting, though, so as Jamey says we don't have an official variant for it at this point.

The thread with the variant is [thread=1469589]here[/here].

We've also had some very vague ideas about making a rather different coop version where the players play against a very different and powerful enemy centered on The Factory. That's likely never going to happen, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Huss
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
We've also had some very vague ideas about making a rather different coop version where the players play against a very different and powerful enemy centered on The Factory. That's likely never going to happen, though.

Not with that attitude it won't!

But seriously, that sounds awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
GizmotronX5000 wrote:
Quote:

Not with that attitude it won't!

Hehe, good point .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.