5 Posts

Biblios» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hiding your hand and proper bidding rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: making_stuff_up [+] [View All]
Grant F.
msg tools
Gift phase:

1. When you draw cards to your own hand or get it from the public space do you hide it for the rest of the game along with cards you chose while being the active player?

Auction phase:

1. If the player the bids are 1, 3, 4, is the next required bid a 5 or 9? The rule book says it must be greater than all the prior bids so I assume 9.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. All the cards in your hand are hidden information.

2. It is a 5. It must be greater than the prior bids, not the SUM of the prior bids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant F.
msg tools
Mashpotassium wrote:
1. All the cards in your hand are hidden information.

2. It is a 5. It must be greater than the prior bids, not the SUM of the prior bids.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oiler1 wrote:

Auction phase:

1. If the player the bids are 1, 3, 4, is the next required bid a 5 or 9? The rule book says it must be greater than all the prior bids so I assume 9.

Here is a single sentence quoted from the rules:

When bidding, you must bid higher than all prior bids in that particular auction.

I can sort of see how parsing that could cover your interpretation of "9" but that would be quite uncommon and should only be expected if it was spelled out more carefully as such. Nothing in the quote, nor in the side example goes that far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oiler1 wrote:
Gift phase:

1. When you draw cards to your own hand or get it from the public space do you hide it for the rest of the game along with cards you chose while being the active player?

I have added my own highlight to this quote from page 3. Other players are not doing anything different from the active player on this point.

Once the active player has allocated the designated number of cards, the active player picks up the card that was allocated to his/her space and adds it to his/her hand. Then, starting with the player to the left of the active player, each player draws a card from the public space and adds it to his/her hand. After each turn in the Gift Phase, in other words, every player’s hand will increase by 1 card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.