The Pas
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I'm a bit confused about the Warehouse.

The Large Market example on the rules states:

2) If the city containing this tile scores Consumption
VPs, those VPs & bonus points are doubled.
For example, a player has 4 wheat cubes, 2 wood
cubes, & a city with 7 Consumption spaces, a
Workshop, & the Large Market; the Consuming
player would score 16 VPs (4 for wheat, 3 for wood,
& 1 VP for being Lead player (all doubled)).

Does that mean any resources in the Warehouse can be used for consumption? Can any be used for buying buildings? IE, I have 3 grey cubes in my warehouse, can I buy a building that costs 3 green cubes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little confused about your last example. The warehouse is just storage, i.e. you can move up to 4 cubes there which would free up space for production in the future. When spending cubes you can use them from the warehouse. They are whatever colour they are, which is why I don't understand the "I have 3 grey cubes in my warehouse, can I buy a building that costs 3 green cubes". In that example the warehouse is irrelevant since it doesn't have any green cubes, the question is do you have any green cubes in a forest?

The Large Market is different again - I do not have the rules in front of me, but isn't it the one that allows wood to be consumed instead of wheat (and for a particular number of VPs)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frances McGregor
Canada
The Pas
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, as it turns out, I can't read. blush The example includes the workshop, which lets you consume green cubes for VPs, while I read it as the warehouse, which lets you store goods.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.