Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
133 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Shooting at Dallas Protest rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I could not believe the headline at first because snipers firing at police are associated with the 1967-8 riots.

"Eleven police officers have been shot in Dallas, according to city police Chief David Brown. Three officers have died: one DART officer and two Dallas police officers, Brown said."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/07/us/philando-castile-alton-ster...

I'll keep everyone in my prayers. I've had enough of tragic news for a while.soblue
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Heard about this on the way home. One way you can help is to donate to the police survivors fund. In our area, it's the "100 Club".

It's a tragic situation.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
Avatar
America's fucked.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jesus.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Mountain
Australia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Tragic.

If only everyone there had a gun .... then it would have been much safer.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank F
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
IF YOU WANT IT
badge
Please investigate a resource based economy.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The amount of sickness and violence in the world is no longer sustainable.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife told me about this one. If it is some anti-police nutter and not just a run of the mill terrorist, those protesting police brutality need to make very clear that this is not acceptable.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank F
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
IF YOU WANT IT
badge
Please investigate a resource based economy.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
My wife told me about this one. If it is some anti-police nutter and not just a run of the mill terrorist, those protesting police brutality need to make very clear hat this is not acceptable.


Why? Why do you associate peaceful protestors with violent individuals? Why must the rational majority answer for the aberrant minority?
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BlueMountain wrote:
Tragic.

If only everyone there had a gun .... then it would have been much safer.



It's Texas....a good half of the folks probably did. Probably a thing or it might have been worse.

Can't stop crazy.



Ferret
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LightRider wrote:
whac3 wrote:
My wife told me about this one. If it is some anti-police nutter and not just a run of the mill terrorist, those protesting police brutality need to make very clear hat this is not acceptable.


Why? Why do you associate peaceful protestors with violent individuals? Why must the rational majority answer for the aberrant minority?


You insist on this when it comes to a mass shooting -- why not in this case?


Ferret
4 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


This is totally insane and not at all justified. How dose killing police in Dallas make any sense as a response to events from entirely other cities?

Plus it only makes things so much worse by increasing the possibility of police feeling threatened.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Staff
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Meerkat wrote:


This is totally insane and not at all justified. How dose killing police in Dallas make any sense as a response to events from entirely other cities?

Plus it only makes things so much worse by increasing the possibility of police feeling threatened.

That would be called "Liberal Logic"

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh great...now they're saying these guys might be tied to ISIS now.


Ferret
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Mountain
Australia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
BlueMountain wrote:
Tragic.

If only everyone there had a gun .... then it would have been much safer.



It's Texas....a good half of the folks probably did. Probably a thing or it might have been worse.

Can't stop crazy.



Ferret
and in the US, crazy can buy a massive gun.

there was a black guy at the protest openly carrying a very mean weapon on a strap. At peak hysteria the police published a photo of him with said weapon asking for people to report him. Fortunately, a lot of people were not armed or this innocent man may have had all sorts of problems.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Mountain
Australia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Meerkat wrote:


This is totally insane and not at all justified. How dose killing police in Dallas make any sense as a response to events from entirely other cities?

Plus it only makes things so much worse by increasing the possibility of police feeling threatened.
true. however non-police can suffer from the same conditions as police. Prolonged periods of danger and stress can make a person hyper vigilant to a whole cohort of people. Kinda like ptsd. you are right, it isn't sane.

Not saying this happened in this case though.

the whole thing is tragic.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
Oh great...now they're saying these guys might be tied to ISIS now.


Ferret


Source? I've been listening to news on this all morning across multiple outlets and haven't heard anyone say this.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
BlueMountain wrote:
Tragic.

If only everyone there had a gun .... then it would have been much safer.



It's Texas....a good half of the folks probably did. Probably a thing or it might have been worse.

Can't stop crazy.



Ferret


But we don't have to arm crazy. And I'll remember your post when gun proponents claim that more guns would have somehow made this situation "safer", or less likely to happen.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
desertfox2004 wrote:
Ferretman wrote:
Oh great...now they're saying these guys might be tied to ISIS now.


Ferret


Source? I've been listening to news on this all morning across multiple outlets and haven't heard anyone say this.


That they, appear, to have largely only targeted police officers - To me, suggests that such a link, if there is one, isn't likely to be a major contributing factor.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Schneider
Canada
Stittsville
ON
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
https://youtu.be/4UMYh_vTr0w

"Instititional racist patriarchy, institutional racist patriarchy, institutional racist patriarchy..."

Listen to the left in the next week or so parrot their holy chant before society is sacrificed in the hunt for votes.

Victims all! Helpless children lashing out at the system, with no personal agency. Do NOT let the facts get in the way of dogma.

Edit: For the record, if this gets me banned (I'm of a 50/50 mind it will), I will stipulate I am against ALL of society's irrationalities, from the religious / racist right to the real racist left.

The totalitarian mindset that produces orgasmically faced women at Nazi rallies, or crazy religious fits at mega churches, is the same mindset that pervades black lives matter and third wave feminists.

And the latter are far more dangerous to today's society.

Without real discussion of facts, delusion cannot be defeated.

Christianity has been declawed and defanged, the real threat is laying in the bushes on your left.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
Avatar
mb
Can't wait for the inevitable "taking of sides" where one side pretends gunning down cops in the street is okay while the other side pretends gunning down black folks in traffic stops is okay.

Also can't wait for a complicit media to further both of these angles just for more TV ratings and page-clicks.

America: We're not so good at "real solutions" anymore. Just a lot of sound & fury while we beat the tribal drum for "our side" and making sure "the other side" is as insulted, marginalized, and beat down as possible. For us, that's enough. To hell with solving problems, just make sure "they" don't "win."
23 
 Thumb up
0.28
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
None of it is okay. It's all very symptomatic of the real problems we're facing(or more to the point not facing)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
"Captain, although your abilities intrigue me, you are quite honestly inferior"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
America: We're not so good at "real solutions" anymore. Just a lot of sound & fury while we beat the tribal drum for "our side" and making sure "the other side" is as insulted, marginalized, and beat down as possible. For us, that's enough. To hell with solving problems, just make sure "they" don't "win."
Yep, literally two minutes before your post we have a guy so eager and slavering to fight his straw boogey man leftists that he can't even wait for the media to throw some extremists on the fire with their controversial views for him to project on all liberals.
10 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
Can't wait for the inevitable "taking of sides" where one side pretends gunning down cops in the street is okay while the other side pretends gunning down black folks in traffic stops is okay.

Also can't wait for a complicit media to further both of these angles just for more TV ratings and page-clicks.

America: We're not so good at "real solutions" anymore. Just a lot of sound & fury while we beat the tribal drum for "our side" and making sure "the other side" is as insulted, marginalized, and beat down as possible. For us, that's enough. To hell with solving problems, just make sure "they" don't "win."


Nah, I dont think sane individuals would advocate either of those two things you mention, but I would agree with you on it that tribal drum beating is more the norm now, and a dysfunctional Congress does nothing to aid in resolving these issues. This is now a world where news soundbites prevail, and Congressmen seem to care about pushing their agenda in the media, as opposed to the halls of Congress. I turn CNN on in any one given day, and I am guranteed to have at least one Senator as a guest, producing soundbites or rhetoric that really do nothing to solve the issues. Until the people in power in this country really get serious about coming together to solve these issues, you will continue to see them occur.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
"Captain, although your abilities intrigue me, you are quite honestly inferior"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
von wildensee wrote:
Edit: For the record, if this gets me banned (I'm of a 50/50 mind it will), I will stipulate I am against ALL of society's irrationalities, from the religious / racist right to the real racist left.
You might want to dial back the persecution complex a little, you won't get banned making cogent points. Saying BLM and Feminists are Nazi like, without saying the same about Trump supporters just means you aren't fully aware of what the rise of the Nazi party was about.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
von wildensee wrote:
https://youtu.be/4UMYh_vTr0w

"Instititional racist patriarchy, institutional racist patriarchy, institutional racist patriarchy..."

Listen to the left in the next week or so parrot their holy chant before society is sacrificed in the hunt for votes.

Victims all! Helpless children lashing out at the system, with no personal agency. Do NOT let the facts get in the way of dogma.

Edit: For the record, if this gets me banned (I'm of a 50/50 mind it will), I will stipulate I am against ALL of society's irrationalities, from the religious / racist right to the real racist left.

The totalitarian mindset that produces orgasmically faced women at Nazi rallies, or crazy religious fits at mega churches, is the same mindset that pervades black lives matter and third wave feminists.

And the latter are far more dangerous to today's society.

Without real discussion of facts, delusion cannot be defeated.

Christianity has been declawed and defanged, the real threat is laying in the bushes on your left.

you are sounding pretty irrational there
21 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.