Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Developing news... at least 4 dead. Snipers from elevated positions still on the loose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Protests-in-Dallas-Over-Alt...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
soblue Every day there's some sort of shooting

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2013/apr/12/news-is-bad-ro....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
This is in no way a good thing, but it's hard not to see it as predictable. Enough killings that don't seem to be taken seriously by the authorities, and some people decide that revenge is the right idea. How long until we see black people being very sympathetic to the old black panther ideas?

This is all so very ugly, and since most of the times is down to local police departments and state prosecutors, we'll not see what we need: A national initiative to change how we deal with police shootings. Otherwise, one city will pay for a different city's mistakes.

Dear conservatives in the forum, think about it in this way: If you guys get your panties in a bunch because of Hillary, imagine what black people that believe that the police can kill them without repercussion feel. I bet they are far more scared, and far madder than you are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hibikir wrote:
This is in no way a good thing, but it's hard not to see it as predictable. Enough killings that don't seem to be taken seriously by the authorities, and some people decide that revenge is the right idea. How long until we see black people being very sympathetic to the old black panther ideas?

This is all so very ugly, and since most of the times is down to local police departments and state prosecutors, we'll not see what we need: A national initiative to change how we deal with police shootings. Otherwise, one city will pay for a different city's mistakes.

Dear conservatives in the forum, think about it in this way: If you guys get your panties in a bunch because of Hillary, imagine what black people that believe that the police can kill them without repercussion feel. I bet they are far more scared, and far madder than you are.

I'm black and a conservative (if that matters). I've never had any issues with the police and can only speak for myself. As far as laws go, this should be handled on a local level. The last thing we need is a ban on guns, which this might be a precursor to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BenPerkins wrote:
hibikir wrote:

I'm black and a conservative (if that matters). I've never had any issues with the police and can only speak for myself. As far as laws go, this should be handled on a local level. The last thing we need is a ban on guns, which this might be a precursor to.

Who said anything about coming for you guns? Jesus Christ you ammosexuals need to CHILLLLLLL.

When did America forget how to compromise? If we can't find ways to come together to solve the problems of this country, whether it's guns or police brutality or police slayings, we are truly truly fucked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
This is insane:

Quote:
Three people were in custody and a fourth suspect exchanged gunfire with authorities in a parking garage downtown into the morning, Dallas Police Chief David Brown said.

NBC Dallas Fort-Worth reported the fourth suspect had been "neutralized" at around 2:45 a.m. (3:45 ET). Earlier, he had told police negotiators that "the end is coming" and that "there are bombs all over the place in this garage and downtown," Brown said.

Related: Witnesses Recount Dallas Shooting Horror

Extensive sweeps of downtown for explosives were underway in the early hours.

At least two snipers fired from an elevated positions on police officers minutes before 9 p.m. CT, according to Brown. He described the shootings as "ambush style."

"We believe that these suspects were positioning themselves in a way to triangulate on these officers from two different perches in garages in the downtown area, and planned to injure and kill as many law enforcement officers as they could," he told a news conference — noting that some were shot in the back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
What is it with snipers in Dallas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Staff
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
BenPerkins wrote:
hibikir wrote:

Who said anything about coming for you guns? Jesus Christ you ammosexuals need to CHILLLLLLL.

When did America forget how to compromise? If we can't find ways to come together to solve the problems of this country, whether it's guns or police brutality or police slayings, we are truly truly fucked.

What was all that sit in business about then whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BenPerkins wrote:
hibikir wrote:

So here's the crazy thing, and why this week has been so bizarre.

According to the girlfiend's retelling of the story on the phone video:

The gentlemen in Minnesota was shot while obeying the law! He did precisely what he was supposed to do, which is tell the officer "I have a gun, and I have a permit for the gun". He then went to retrieve his licenses and registration when asked for it by the officer, and upon doing so, the officer shot him.

So, at least according to the girlfriend's retelling of the story, the victim was actually doing exactly what he was supposed to be doing, and it still ended up bad for him.

That is definitely a "WTF" moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Diabolik771 wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
BenPerkins wrote:
hibikir wrote:

What was all that sit in business about then whistle

You mean the sit in that was held because the Republicans refuse to give an inch on gun control? Case-in-fucking-point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:

You mean the sit in that was held because the Republicans refuse to give an inch on gun control? Case-in-fucking-point.

If it is true that humans have a right to property and a right to self ownership and a right to protect themselves and they have a right to own and use guns, is that something you would want your "elected representative" who told you that he believed in that right too so that he would get your vote... is that something you would expect them to give an inch on? Like Dems who get elected telling their voters that they won't give an inch on a woman's right to abort her unborn baby.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisnd wrote:
BenPerkins wrote:
hibikir wrote:

So here's the crazy thing, and why this week has been so bizarre.

According to the girlfiend's retelling of the story on the phone video:

The gentlemen in Minnesota was shot while obeying the law! He did precisely what he was supposed to do, which is tell the officer "I have a gun, and I have a permit for the gun". He then went to retrieve his licenses and registration when asked for it by the officer, and upon doing so, the officer shot him.

So, at least according to the girlfriend's retelling of the story, the victim was actually doing exactly what he was supposed to be doing, and it still ended up bad for him.

That is definitely a "WTF" moment.

Correct. My understanding is that the law commanded he disclose his CCW status up front. The officer then told him to show his license and registration which he would have to retrieve. Then the officer told him to freeze contradicting his first command. This guy could not comply with all the commands given. Lose-lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dandechino wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

If it is true that humans have a right to property and a right to self ownership and a right to protect themselves and they have a right to own and use guns, is that something you would want your "elected representative" who told you that he believed in that right too so that he would get your vote... is that something you would expect them to give an inch on? Like Dems who get elected telling their voters that they won't give an inch on a woman's right to abort her unborn baby.
So women have a 100& right to have an abortion at any time during the pregnancy?

I think you will find that most "Dems" think there should be restrictions on abortion, it is why there are some.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
dandechino wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

So women have a 100& right to have an abortion at any time during the pregnancy?

I think you will find that most "Dems" think there should be restrictions on abortion, it is why there are some.

And there already are restrictions on guns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dandechino wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
dandechino wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

And there already are restrictions on guns.
Yes, but what are people calling for that you consider restrictive to owning a gun?

Why does better enforcement of background checks (for example) restrict those who are legally allowed to own a gun from owning one?

Why does stopping you from owning a semi-auto rifle stop your from owning a single shot rifle?

How does a restriction on magazine size stop you from owning a gun?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
BenPerkins wrote:
hibikir wrote:

Obama did, in his address...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
jageroxorz wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
BenPerkins wrote:
hibikir wrote:

[Citation Needed]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dandechino wrote:

Correct. My understanding is that the law commanded he disclose his CCW status up front. The officer then told him to show his license and registration which he would have to retrieve. Then the officer told him to freeze contradicting his first command. This guy could not comply with all the commands given. Lose-lose.

You don't know what happened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
jageroxorz wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
BenPerkins wrote:
hibikir wrote:

[Citation Needed]

It's....in his remarks? Did you read them?

Quote:
And he also suggested that lax gun laws also played a role: "We also know that when people are armed with powerful weapons, it makes shootings like this more deadly and more tragic," he said.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2016/07/08/obama...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jageroxorz wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:
jageroxorz wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
BenPerkins wrote:
hibikir wrote:

[Citation Needed]

Quote:
And he also suggested that lax gun laws also played a role: "We also know that when people are armed with powerful weapons, it makes shootings like this more deadly and more tragic," he said.

So bold for us the words "come" "for" and "your".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
jageroxorz wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:
jageroxorz wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
BenPerkins wrote:
hibikir wrote:

[Citation Needed]

Quote:

So bold for us the words "come" "for" and "your".

Bury your head in the sand, then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
jageroxorz wrote:

No. I get all my political news from RSP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mc Jarvis
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
I speak to improve upon the cacophony.
badge
This heart is meant to convince you that I feel.
mbmbmbmbmb
jageroxorz wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:
jageroxorz wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
BenPerkins wrote:
hibikir wrote:

[Citation Needed]

Quote:

Missed the part where he called for a ban on guns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems that whoever the "Black Power Group" is, they're the one who seem to think this is fix perceived racial injustice in America.

Wow.

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.