DC Comics Deck-Building Game: Teen Titans» Forums » General

Subject: Crisis 4: Infinite Crisis? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dinesh Bora
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
I was thinking about what would Cryptozoic use for the accompanying crisis expansion. Crisis 1 is Crisis On Infinite Earths, Crisis 2 did Blackest Night and Crisis 3 was Forever Evil storyline. .Would Crisis 4 be Infinite Crisis with Superboy Prime and Alexander Luthor as the big bads?

I am not all that familiar with the storyline but I know it was this that triggered Jason Todd's revival and it also involved Power Girl so you could introduce those 2 as the playable non-crisis heroes. Which would complete the Batfamily of Robins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Goertz
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
NA NA NA NA . . .
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a pretty good guess. There was some good stuff with the Teen Titans from Infinite Crisis that went down. As far as characters and main deck cards I am betting Crisis 4 will be based on The Outsiders with maybe a little Young Justice sprinkled in. The Outsiders was kinda the parallel "young" team during Geoff Johns TT run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seabourch wrote:
Would Crisis 4 be Infinite Crisis with Superboy Prime and Alexander Luthor as the big bads?

I am not all that familiar with the storyline but I know it was this that triggered Jason Todd's revival and it also involved Power Girl so you could introduce those 2 as the playable non-crisis heroes.

Power Girl is already in Crossover-1, so it's doubtful (but not impossible) for her to be included in Crisis-4.
So far the only 'reused' Super Hero is Starfire, and that is partly because she was a Promo the first time around.

BenJazz wrote:
There was some good stuff with the Teen Titans from Infinite Crisis that went down. As far as characters and main deck cards I am betting Crisis 4 will be based on The Outsiders with maybe a little Young Justice sprinkled in. The Outsiders was kinda the parallel "young" team during Geoff Johns TT run.

^This^ though.
They've been making more and more effort to tie the Crisis packs into the matching base-set lately, so Crisis-4 will likely be 'teenage hero' based.
If they stick with a Titans theme, then Donna Troy is where I'd bet my money. She's the last of the 'big names' to not have a Super Hero card (let alone a regular hero card).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is a Crisis 4 set definitely coming out? At one point there was a rumor that it would support team play (i.e., two on two). But I haven't heard anything in the last year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wkover wrote:
Is a Crisis 4 set definitely coming out? At one point there was a rumor that it would support team play (i.e., two on two). But I haven't heard anything in the last year.

They haven't confirmed it officially.
But from what I know, the last Crisis set sold pretty well, and as long as stuff keeps selling, then they'll keep on making, so it's likely more "when" than "if".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wise
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Details on the next stand-alone box set for 2016 have not been finalized. “We are looking to do a team-up concept with it being a 2-on-2 type of game instead of an every-man-for-himself kind of a game, Skinner shared. “You’ll have a partner you’re working with in some way.”

At one point the team concept was likely going to be a stand-alone game. Not sure if that is still the case as things are being shuffled around. Its worth noting that the Batman v Superman Rivals set has been canceled (at least in the context of the theme).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.