4 Posts

Wilderness War» Forums » Strategy

Subject: montcalm wasnt calm. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
stuart cudahy
Australia
flag msg tools
I taught my noob mate Jason this game and he smashed me finally as the brits. Ive been thinking about the game since and come up with French tactics he will probably not enjoy. Leave one indian on every bottleneck space, intercept with one indian, half strength works, every chance you get. Piss verily off the English army with a slow indian obstructed advance and wait for the chance, equal indian army or close to win a battle. Jason will hate it, I think that's why I haven't suggested a rematch. To win the French have to be sneaky. Stu

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy C
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Robert L Howard (Medal of Honor recipient)
mbmbmbmbmb

Small units can be overrun and keep moving.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
Not if they inflict a casualty. If you can replace the Indians, this can be viable, especially if the British are not being led by a 1-rated general.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And they might kill a British leader too - only a 1/36 chance, but still a consideration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.