Subject: Azhanti High Lightning (AHL) basic game mechanics rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Moy
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
Hello all,

I'm new-ish to RPG board games, although not entirely ignorant of the concepts.

I've read the AHL manual, the Snapshot manual and parts of the Traveller manuals, but I seem to be missing something fundamental about the basic game mechanics...

In a nutshell, how exactly do player turns progress in terms of 'action phases'? Which of these methods (if any) are 'correct' for AHL:

1. Do the players act out each action phase one player at a time, or
2. Do the players act out action phase 1 simultaneously, and then action phase 2, and so on, or
3. Do the players act out an entire turn (action phases 1 to 5) one player at a time, or
4. Something else?!

Any wisdom very much appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Green
England
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello and welcome!

This is a pretty information dense website and your question is probably best asked on the Azhanti High Lightning rules forum.

This thread, I think, addresses your question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Moy
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
Thanks Matt. I'd already found the post you mentioned but it doesn't answer my questions. I'm at a much earlier stage in my knowledge than that!

i also couldn't locate the 'Far Future Enterprise board' mentioned in this same response... is that here on BGG or over on the COTI site?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.