Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Sentinels of the Multiverse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Spite flipside always the same? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
We played our first Spite game last night. I think we got it right, but want to double check.

Is (vanilla, non-advanced) Spite's flipside always pretty much an identical challenge? It seemed to us that:

1. All his other cards except Drugs & Safe House are destroyed when he flips
2. He always puts some kit back in players' hands
3. He always does 2 to all from attempting to play a card...
4. ... Then 2 to all from Demon's Kiss...
5. ... Then 2 to all from Mind-Phyre (or more if Env played 2+ cards)
6. That's it.

So pick up yer ongoings/equipment, then pop, pop, pop, done, each turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
Yes, Spite side two is very monotonous. He doesn't play cards, he doesn't let the environment have cards in play, and he makes you play the same cards over and over each round. What fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
That's the main reason Spite is considered the worst villain by quite a few people.
If you have fought him once, you have literally seen all there is to see.
You can perfectly math out if you're going to win and there is no reason to actually play the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanks for confirming! I was always planning to house-rule him, but I wanted to make sure I got the starting point correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariusz Kosecki
Poland
Elbląg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to try this Spite conversion from here Villain Promos then.

It looks like Spite has only up to 3 Drugs in play on the flip side and does different things depending on the top card of his deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dannte wrote:
You might want to try this Spite conversion from here Villain Promos then.

It looks like Spite has only up to 3 Drugs in play on the flip side and does different things depending on the top card of his deck.

Thanks - I've been reading it already this morning. Looking forward to trying it out! What I'm looking for is a functional, interesting Spite which can be used in a semi-RP scenario, where # victims rescued vs. murdered can be noted and then used to influence later battles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.